Michigan Sportsman Forum banner
1 - 8 of 7 Posts

· Registered
1,903 Posts
I don’t know the model number but it’s the Buck Personal I bought new in 1978 after struggling to dress my first buck with a cheap knife. 4” blade, gets and stays sharp even through the uses I’ve put it through, including opening cans and cutting wire in a pinch. It fell off when my belt came unbuckled dragging a deer outta a swamp years ago and I walked back a mile to search for it, and woulda been crushed if I’d lost it. The 4” blade has been great for countless deer, also bear, caribou, small game and even fish when called upon. I love it and know exactly where it is, always.

· Premium Member
533 Posts
Buck 119. But for boy scout camping, not hunting. Bought my first one in 1979. Have not been without since! Turned alot of boys onto the Buck 119 and it started a cult following about 10 years back. The size, handling, and ease of sharpening & maintenance can't be beat. Best knife for scout camping ever invented!

· Registered
4,212 Posts
Another vote for the Buck 102.
I have many black handled 102’s but my brother gave me a cherry handled one in 2007. Its my favorite for that reason and I couldn’t even guess how many deer and bear have been field dressed, caped, quartered, and boned with that knife.
For some reason plastic folding knives just don’t seem like hunting knives to me.

· Registered
4,373 Posts
For field dressing and quartering deer and elk my go to for almost 30 years has been my Buck 191. I like the one with the Zytel handle for grip and hand fatigue reasons (quarter and pack two bull elk on the same day and this becomes a huge factor).

1 - 8 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.