Michigan-Sportsman.com banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got letter back that my doe shot Nov 16 is going for further testing for apparently showing signs of possible bTB. We’ve already ate some in the past month, since getting it back from processor. But now the letter recommends discarding the meat... What’s the verdict out there? I tried reading up on it, but there’s no good answer. Would definitely hurt to empty my freezer into the garbage.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
367 Posts
Id hang on to the meat until the results are in and hit the woods for an insurance policy doe. If you don't have enough freezer room donate the first deer.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
235 Posts
Id hang on to the meat until the results are in and hit the woods for an insurance policy doe. If you don't have enough freezer room donate the first deer.
Seriously donate a deer that may not be good to eat, better rethink that one!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well certainly disappointing, I will wait to see what the final tests reveal in another 6-8 weeks. Unfortunate that the meat and the money I spent to get it processed are all down the drain if results hold. Not sure what we could’ve done differently but, guess that’s part of hunting NELP, you just run a small risk that this might happen.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
35,272 Posts
Wait until you receive your test results. The only down side is freezer space at this point in the game. Ask the DNR for a replacement tag.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Wait until you receive your test results. The only down side is freezer space at this point in the game. Ask the DNR for a replacement tag.
Yeah they gave me a replacement tag, just not sure I have the opportunity to fill it
 
1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Top