Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,664 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
wondering how the browns are doing in the thumb they in yet hows the ice any info would be great please

·
Registered
6,098 Posts
Slow in Lexington. Picked a 2lb'er Saturday and released it. Ice is running from 18 to 24". Dont know about Sanilac.

·
Registered
3,223 Posts
Forget about the upper thumb.

Port austin about 3 feet snow with a foot of slush on the ice plus the parking lot is full of snow, only one narrow path for travel, no parking. Haven't fished there in a good 3 weeks, haven't heard a report from there in about 2 weeks.

Grindstone Slowwwwww. seen 4 browns last thurs, 2 last friday. no takers. Ice only 6-10 inches thick for some reason compared to all other harbors. Parking also bad, very narrow path.

Heard harbor beach has been producing a few browns, but i couldn't tell you where to fish or ice conditions since i don't fish over there very often.

·
Registered
715 Posts
fished sanilac sunday the water is cystal clear 15years of fishing browns at sanilac I have only took one fish in clear water hoping the water will cloud up soon

·
Registered
1,664 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thanks for the report guys I didnt want to waste a trip Jeremy L let me know when the ice is good up In your area would you please you think a few weeks if weather stays cold. I wana hear some good reports thanx

·
Registered
3,223 Posts
well, the ice is good at port austin, fishing isn't.

Tried yesterday, The slush is bad from the ramp to the end of the dock, 50 yards of so and then its pretty good the rest of the way out. THere is 12-16 inches of clear ice on most of the harbor. We fished for 4 hours, seen 3 fish and they went by too fast to see what they were.

If you do go up there, stay on the smooth ice. the rough ice is safe, but layered. your drill a foot, get a foot of water and under that is 6 inches more of ice, then slush, etc.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts