Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This will be my second trip up here and I was wondering about weekend traffic on the river up by Brower Park.

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

·
Super Moderator
MMMmmm Scooby Snacks RULE!
16,441 Posts
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
YEP...
You'll have PLENTY of company!

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Great, that's what I thought. Is it even worth the hour drive?

·
Registered
228 Posts
Good Lord it's a circus by 11 a.m. If you get there early, the fishing can be good. The launch by Davis Bridge has a lot less traffic at the launch but you will see the boats by 11. Davis is a short jog to Browers, I think a mile? Anyway, if you get there early enough, the fishing may be worth your time. I launched by Davis last Sunday and had very little company in the morning and no problem taking the boat out of the water at noon.

·
Registered
85 Posts
If you want to make the trip, i would go to Croton. Same type of impoundment fishing as hardy. Fishing has been good this year and a LOT less a holes on the water than Hardy. What are you looking to fish for?

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
My brother is dying to catch some walleye which after reading and talking to a lot of people don't seem to bite well until September? I'm open to catch whatever I just like tight lines. However I would like to show my brother a decent walleye spot since he has gone a few summers since catching even one and I am admittedly a novice with regards to walleye.

·
Super Moderator
MMMmmm Scooby Snacks RULE!
16,441 Posts
If you want to make the trip, i would go to Croton. Same type of impoundment fishing as hardy. Fishing has been good this year and a LOT less a holes on the water than Hardy. What are you looking to fish for?
What have you been pulling put of Croton?
I have been out for perch a few times and it's either been slow or lots of smerch.
:)
I think last W/E when we were pulling out I talked to two guys that were pulling everything including the kitchen sink for walleye and spanked is what was on their menu...LOL
What body of water ISN'T a zoo after the drunks wake up from their last hangover??
:lol:
As far as it being worth the drive??
Ya don't know if ya don't go.....
I am about a half hour from the M20 bridge and I routinely head West to Muskegon Lake - although I have seen some nice pictures, been told some good stories and have even caught a few walleye, pike & bass out there. When it's a big body of water you NEED to concentrate on ONE small area and learn it... running all over hell's half-acre and blindly flailing away usually doesn't do you well.
I never checked by the GPS, but I think Brower is closer to 1.5-2 miles down from M20 - but I'll even run down to Big Bend from there too, and I bet that's close to 4 or 5.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts