Michigan-Sportsman.com banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
521 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After hearing and seeing so many pheasant this deer season from the tree stand we decided to try our hand at jump shooting a few. I took one last year and put it on the wall so this year I a took a buddy for his first hunt(12-14) and the next weekend my(12-21) brother went out for his first. The action from the deer stand translated into success on the ground. The weekend of the 14th we put up 31 birds in one 40 acre field( no lie). One field end flush had a minimum of 12 roosters in it, it was a sight to see. My buddy not only got his first wild bird but also his limit and one big one. On the 21st my brother barley made it into the field when he put up and dropped the biggest bird I’ve ever seen(tail feathers are 27”+).
This piece of property in Huron county has prime habit and is part of the CRP program. To me the birds are so beautiful I quit at 1 but obviously what ever is going on there is working and should be duplicated elsewhere. Unfortunately for us time is running out since the land owner will be selling in the next few years. Oh well we all got to experience a little piece of this Michigan gem. Here are a few pics of these beautiful gifts from God.
IMG_8083.JPG
IMG_8053.JPG
IMG_8086.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using Michigan Sportsman

·
Registered
6,286 Posts
That's a beautiful specimen.Congrats to your brother.long term habitat is very fruitful indeed.Just AWESOME!
Thanks for sharing!

·
Registered
12,714 Posts
What a bird ! Congrats to him. That's some crazy #s. Only time we've seen numbers of birds like that was when we were hunting a property where they were planted come to find out !! Long story.... Used to do pretty well on other properties around home to but not what it used to be at all

1 - 4 of 4 Posts