Michigan Sportsman Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
490 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was fishing down stream from the belle Isle bridge Sunday and broke my shank just down from the eye loop. Lost 3 spoons and my weight.:rant: At least I didn't have 3 Raps on. That would have been a :rant: :rant: :rant: :rant: :rant: . I make ny own weights out of scrap material so that didn't cost me anything.
Mark

·
Registered
3,687 Posts
Man if you are angry about losing a coiple spoons, dont come fish trenton. Im down
1 shank, weight, 2 raps
a dozen raplas or so
and 3 weights.

·
Registered
1,250 Posts
I Lost 2 setups(shanks, leads, spoons and raps, and weight) this weekend. if you are not draggin the bottom and might loose it, your not draggin wire...:lol: and your not catching..

·
Registered
3,687 Posts
motcityman said:
I Lost 2 setups(shanks, leads, spoons and raps, and weight) this weekend. if you are not draggin the bottom and might loose it, your not draggin wire...:lol: and your not catching..
I find that to be totally untrue. I caught lots of fish, and dont know a single person who DRAGS the bottom.

·
Registered
1,250 Posts
andy capp said:
I find that to be totally untrue. I caught lots of fish, and dont know a single person who DRAGS the bottom.
OK, you are right, dont drag the bottom, but you need to bounce the bottom..ME BAD..your right..thanks Andy !!

·
Registered
3,687 Posts
I call it control of presentation.:D

I think I know what you meant by dragging the bottom. Ticking the top of the rocks, and hardly moving your arm. Isnt it crazy how the slightest movements will get you over rocks and down little valleys without hardly moving? Once you get comfortably on the bottom all the control goes to your fingers. I see alot of guyd out there who look like they are running a marathon, up down up down up down, just pounding away.

·
Registered
809 Posts
Talk about losing gear?I got one for ya,three weeks ago lost $250 st.croix,stradic combo.Fishing steel mill 40fow,hit a snage and plunk it was like slow motion. sorry got'a go and cry my self to sleep:(

·
Registered
1,770 Posts
I snagged a brand new weight, 2 #11 Rapalas and a Shank a month ago. Well.... I used the shank that I had snagged and had it break the second clevis down from the top.

It I ever snag another rig, I will keep the beads and clevis's to make another shank and throw the rest away. Did not break one lip since I started running 10 and 20 foot leads so I can say it was a good year for me,

1 - 9 of 9 Posts