Michigan Sportsman Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
547 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It finally happened to me. It seems like every year I read how someone's bow breaks just before the season. Well this year it's my turn. I went out to shoot last night and after shooting a few at 20 yds I move back to 30 yds. Come to full draw and SNAP!!!! My bottom limb split / seperated between the layers the entire length of the limb. I'm shooting an old Mathews MQ-32. I can't remember what year I actually got it. But it's at least 10 years old. I'll be placing a phone call to Schupbach's in Jackson as soon as they open to see what my options are. I had that bow dead on too. I was all set and ready for the season. :dizzy:

·
Super Moderator
4,958 Posts
Bummer but look at the bright side...

Better now than 20' Up on Oct 1st with Mr Big at 16 yards;)

·
Registered
547 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I appreciate the offer. I just got off the phone with Schupbach's and it's still under warranty. So I'll have it in there this afternoon. Like Kelly said, better now than later. I still have plenty of time to get it tweeked back in. I was really bummed last night.

·
Registered
84 Posts
the same thing happened to me last year in september, its a bummer when you spend all that time getting it sighted in just right and you have to do it all over again

·
Registered
831 Posts
Learned my lesson many years ago, have a backup bow just incase of such emergency. Good luck hopefully you get it all back and setup by October 1st.

·
Registered
383 Posts
Same thing happened to me last week. I feel ya. My bow is sitting up at k&d

·
Registered
8,002 Posts
no personal injury, correct? hopefully not.

glad you were still covered under warranty...good to see a company stand behind their product.

you have plenty of time to get your bow ready for season.

good luck......:fish:

·
Registered
547 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
No personal injury. Thanks for asking. I was at full draw when it went. I took a little slap to the face but that was it. While I was in dropping off the bow I did a little shopping. I'm sure I could have fixed that limb with a new Bowtech Guardian, Mathews DXT or Switchback, there was a Hoyt there that felt pretty good too. Next year.:D;)

·
Registered
579 Posts
A few years ago i went to my stand in the A.M of the opener up in Rose City. Got in my stand and was ready for sunrise...At first light i drew back my bow to get a feel for my stand and the shots i had...well as i was letting to bow back i slipped the string off the cable :yikes:.....i was pissed...jumped down ran to my truck drove 30 miles back to the Bow shop on M-33 near 75 (this was opening morning) so of course it was closed...Just out of the grace of God i see a guy in the back of the shop so i beat on the glass tell him my story..he puts my bow in the press and hooks it up....i drive 90 all the way back to the stand jump back in all before 8am :eek:ne_eye:

·
Registered
547 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Well i got my bow back. All is well with the world once again. :) Unfortunately they only had the replacement limbs in black because of the age of the bow. But it's not as bad looking as I thought it would be. Took it out for a test drive and had it tweeked back in in no time.

·
Registered
8,002 Posts
I can't remember what year I actually got it. But it's at least 10 years old.
don't under-estimate the beauty of some gray, tan and olive green spray paint!!!

or some camo duct tape that NEVER SEEMS TO STICK:rant:

glad you are back up and ready to go....good luck.....:fish:

·
Registered
10,110 Posts
You can bring it in to us if you like....a little closer for you to save you some gas money.
Sorry Ninja but his location is Addisson. Which is closer to Jackso then to you. Unless something happened and Addisson moved to a different location in the state.

Anyways hope you have it ready for Oct. 1st.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts