Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,504 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If you could design a broadhead what would you do? What improvements would you like to see to your broadhead that you already use? Thinking about just coming up with some ideas of new broadheads for the heck of it. Heck if a good enough one is developed ill toss the idea to a company.

·
Registered
179 Posts
I haven't been bow hunting that long, but if I were to design a broad head, I would desing a broad head that is like the rage 2 blade but make it a fixed replacable blade, or the G5 T3 in a fixed blade. I currently use the rage 2 blade don't really care for them. Because of the mechanical part. So make it a fixed blade

Let's Get To Casting

·
Registered
171 Posts
Hmmmm...great topic. Anything that could help me shoot em more consistently would be good. I dont do mechanicals cause i just don't wanna take that chance. I shoot slick tricks and so far they haven't let me down as far as accuracy and cutting. If i could change anything id make them meat seeking, i guess ;)

Maybe a two stage broadhead - combine meaningful fixed blades with a mechanical blade like the rage that cuts a giant hole. Maybe obnoxiously long blades on a rage style mechanical...imagine if you will, a rage with the blades so long they cut whether they open or not. Hard to describe with words.

Ive always thought that id rather the arrow stay in the animal as they run thru the brush, knockin that broadhead around to cut more and cause more bleeding. Pass thru's are lethal in in seconds in the heart and lungs, but if you hit a little behind those, you need to open up whatever organs you do hit to cause more bleeding to accelerate the visit from the reaper. I hit a deer in the liver a couple years back, and he hung on for about 4 hrs with that wound before i put another one in the heart to finish him off. I know a perfect shot takes that out of play, but we're all human. Had the broadhead stayed in, it might have done the job faster. Of course, i could back off the the draw weight and arrow speed, but like the idea of being able to shoot further and flatter, which takes speed.

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

·
Administrator
17,555 Posts
I would place a hook with a radio signal that sends out GPS coordinates to a receiver every 1/2 hour. The hook would catch in the skin/fur upon entry, dislodge from the broadhead, not alter arrow penetration, and be reuseable once recovered. It would have to be light, inexpensive, and durable. Japan probably already has the technology! :lol:
<----<<<

·
Registered
1,523 Posts
Joe, thats already classified in the CIA, only more advanced than that.

How good is the profit sharing on this design? 20% of sales to the 'idea guy'?:D

You work for G5?

·
Registered
7,917 Posts
G5 T3 designed like the TEKAN Rubber-bands)... I was disappointed with the T3.. don't like the spider clips and 2 of the 3 ferrules were damaged from blades blowing out the back..

Remember some talk and even a few pics... but I would try the Rage if they had a chisel tip. Did this happen?

·
Registered
5,200 Posts
G5 T3 designed like the TEKAN Rubber-bands)... I was disappointed with the T3.. don't like the spider clips and 2 of the 3 ferrules were damaged from blades blowing out the back..

Remember some talk and even a few pics... but I would try the Rage if they had a chisel tip. Did this happen?
They are selling chisel tip rages now sbooy ;)

·
Administrator
17,555 Posts
Joe, thats already classified in the CIA, only more advanced than that.

How good is the profit sharing on this design? 20% of sales to the 'idea guy'?:D

You work for G5?
I'll just consider this a "poor man's patent" . :evil::evil:
<----<<<

·
Registered
1,699 Posts
slicealifearchery has plans to come out with a new broadhead in the near future. large cutting diameter and will go through bone. not a knockoff of other designs, whole new concept and already patented.

·
Premium Member
10,804 Posts
I would place a hook with a radio signal that sends out GPS coordinates to a receiver every 1/2 hour. The hook would catch in the skin/fur upon entry, dislodge from the broadhead, not alter arrow penetration, and be reuseable once recovered. It would have to be light, inexpensive, and durable. Japan probably already has the technology! :lol:
<----<<<
My thoughts were kinda along the same lines except I was thnking about a lazer guided broadhead, kinda like this does: http://www.electronicsweekly.com/Articles/31/01/2012/52853/laser-guided-bullets-hit-the-spot.htm

·
Registered
506 Posts
TiN coated montecs, I'm going to try and get three I have done, just to see if they hold an edge better.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
4,839 Posts
I would build a 2 blade rage. Only way it could be better would be the GPS deal.

·
Banned
2,218 Posts
<----<<<
LMAO, seems broadheads are expencive enough without adding a $50 chip and GPS to every one lol, damn man a quiver full would cost close to a thousand wohoo.
I think we have about as good of a selection of broadheads now, what else can be done really, trocar/chizel tips, blades that are so thick they dont bend, ferruls could be stronger but hay I dont need titanium out there lol
Maybe we should just take time to be accurate enough to hit where we aim, as even a old Bear 2 blade head kills and thats about as low tech as it gets!

BD

·
Registered
896 Posts
In my opinion there are a lot of good designed broad heads currently on the market, thunderheads, muzzys, slick tricks, to name a few. To me the biggest issue is most should be sharper out of the package. Not all but most.

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

1 - 16 of 16 Posts