Michigan-Sportsman.com banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
545 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Fishing remains hot and today didn't disappoint. Met Stevie at SSP at 7am this morning and we headed out to 17ft of water and set lines. 3 deep husky jerk 12's on his side and 3 deep bandits on mine. Started out a little windy so set a north troll with the waves and it was slow at first with nothing the first half hour. Then two boards on the husky jerk side went back and that started us with non-stop action for the next two hours. I couldn't get a hit on my side so I switched to deep husky jerks and it was on. Glass purple perch, chart/wonderbread, Capt. Awesome, and Black Mamba all took fish. Leads were 35-55ft behind offshore boards. Speed was 1.6 sog. Caught 20 nice fish including a spawned out 7lb female that was released. Finished at 9:30 and with the wind building even more we called it a morning. Fish were snapping when we left. Had a little snow flurry action at 6:30 am while getting boat ready. Gotta love Mich. lol
fish.jpg
today.jpg

·
Premium Member
9,188 Posts
I ll be back in the morning Once they started today, it was hot and heavy action

·
Registered
191 Posts
Looks like fishing was much better in the am!! Fished from 5-8:30 pm, only managed 5. Tried 21-23 FOW. Yellow bandits and purple ddhj caught the fish. Caught a couple about 1.5 SOG, caught one as high as 2.5 SOG. Best lead was 45 ft for us today. Great evening on the water!!! Fish are only a bonus!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Michigan Sportsman

·
Master Angler
647 Posts
Sir Walter thanks for the detailed report. If that's a StarCraft in the back round, I like your chose of boats

·
Premium Member
9,188 Posts
307E2355-5AD8-44E8-88B4-A8C02E5D32E3.jpeg
E033D675-19B9-4F77-856A-853665F79520.jpeg
Hit Erie at about 0630 and went to same spot as yesterday,at least I thought I did so I set lines and upon really looking at the graph I discovered I didn’t go far enough north so I picked up and reset. Hit three real quick and ended up boating 10 and kept 6. Same color as yesterday produced most fish. 19-21 FOW. 36 back was best and speed anywhere between 1.3 and 1.6.

·
Premium Member
9,188 Posts
Nor today. I wouldn’t expect it to be open before may 28 and after that who knows.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts