Michigan-Sportsman.com banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
545 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Decided to wait for it to warm up a bit and launched out of SSP at around 10:15 am. Still felt cold though lol. Buddy who launched at 8:30 called me up and said they had 5 in 16-18ft of water north side of the bay. We set lines with deep bandits 45-55ft back with assortment of colors, standard and customs. At 1pm we hadn't had a pullback and buddies caught one more and decided to head in. At 1:15 we caught our first fish on a fire perch custom 45ft back. We moved most baits to 40-45ft back and started catching fish. Best depth for us was 16.5ft straight out from Brest Bay Marina. Marked a ton of fish in there and we picked away at them. We hit 5 real quick and when we hit our 9th walleye we figured one more pass and we'd finish up. Called another boat who was past the point to come in to our area but now I'm glad he didn't because the fish got lock jaw. Didn't get another walleye so we quit at 4pm. Fire perch,Taco Salad,IBfrozen,and Huff Daddy Gold caught most of our fish at 1.4sog. Talked to two boats when we got back to the dock and one hat 7 walleyes and the other fished out deep in 22-24ft of water and took 3. Water temp was 38*. Sun came out for about 30 minutes and we banged 4 of our fish but when it left, so did the bite lol.

Attachments

·
Registered
612 Posts
Nice talking with you at the ramp S Walter! Dad and I were the ones that fished out in 22'-24'. Sure was a nice evening on the water. Our speed was right there with you; 1.3 - 1.5. Hope to see you back on the water soon!

Sent from my SM-G973U using Michigan Sportsman mobile app

·
Registered
545 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Nice talking with you at the ramp S Walter! Dad and I were the ones that fished out in 22'-24'. Sure was a nice evening on the water. Our speed was right there with you; 1.3 - 1.5. Hope to see you back on the water soon!

Sent from my SM-G973U using Michigan Sportsman mobile app
Zep02 didn't know you were on MS. It was nice talking to you too. You'll get em next time. Take care

1 - 6 of 6 Posts