Michigan Sportsman Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
460 Posts
Did the same thing yesterday in about the same area. Off Stony Point in 24-27 FOW. Picked up a three man limit before noon with about bout a million whiteys. Threw back about a dozen undersized walters and had to chring on a couple. Two 14" fish bleeding out of the gills and you know they will die, but the DNR does not care. I f you keep them and get caught they will still fine you so back they go for seagull food. Doesn't that just kill you to do that when 5 years ago the size was 13". Rules are rules and it is not worth the fine when you are catching fish anyway. Had a charter captain friend get fined for a 14.75" with ripped gills and DNR said he did it. I could kiss the guy who posted the retrofit of Jet divers last year with the black off shore releases. What a difference on the 30's. The stupid white bass even trip them, love it.

·
Registered
917 Posts
If they didn't have the law, several people would keep 10" walleyes and cut their gills. Unfortunate, but good law imo.

·
Registered
2,746 Posts
I could kiss the guy who posted the retrofit of Jet divers last year with the black off shore releases. What a difference on the 30's. The stupid white bass even trip them, love it.
Glad they worked for you, but you can kiss your wife/girlfriend instead :D

·
Registered
460 Posts
I kiss my wife of 42 years everyday and she loves it. Just saying thanks for the tip, it really works well for us. A guy on another thread said he switched to Dubro releases from the black off shore releases. Any idea why? Mine are working just fine. Do they where out with time?

·
Registered
2,746 Posts
I tried the Dubro releases before going to the black Off Shore, I could not get a very repeatable release. No matter how much I adjusted them. Tried the Off Shore and never looked back. I gave away the other releases. Yes they slightly wear, but just put the line back a touch further in the release. Mine still work just as good, never replaced the pads yet.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts