Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Guys. I just wanted to put in a shameless plug for Brenner's on West River Drive in Comstock Park. They really treated me right today. They found me a shanty I am looking for for cheaper than Cabelas and all online shops and it will only take 1 day to arrive, no shipping cost. They said they can get most anything for same or less cost than Cabelas, but that Cabelas is killing their business by their large name recognition. I like Cabelas, but I plan to continue to support Brenner's, as they are a eeliable place for REAL fishing reports and good bait... And now that i know, a great place to order my larger items and tackle. Heck the worker i talked to at Cabelas wasnt even aware that they sold clam accessories for their shanties, good grief (maybe he was just Christmas help)...

·
Registered
59 Posts
I hear ya... that cabelas is a joke! They never have what I'm looking for. I have made almost all my ice fishing purchases from the small mom and pop shops this year.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Ohub Campfire mobile app

·
Super Moderator
MMMmmm Scooby Snacks RULE!
16,426 Posts
Brenner's Bait and Tackle ~

Good guys over there.... You bet!

·
Registered
531 Posts
The only problem with Brenner's is you have to shower after you leave and wash your clothes ten times to get the smoke stench out of them. My eyes would burn when I used to walk in that door. Guys are pretty nice and they don't short you on the bait. A hefty scoop is what they consider a dozen.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Cabelas needs to sell their building to Jays. Then we would have a real sporting good store. Just change the sign, haul out all the clothes and candy and actually have a stock of seasonal sporting goods.

·
Premium Member
11,151 Posts
Support them when possible. Not only do they have most anything you need, they are also easy on and off 131. Very convenient for those of us that work in GR, and live north of town.

·
Registered
885 Posts
X what was said above. I mean if you decide to only shop at Cabela's....where are you going to go to get good live bait on the north or east end of GR if Brenner's goes out? Besides the fact that they give HONEST reports and got a Jet Sled SUV for me for less then anyone else in a 40 mile area the next day last season.

FYI, live bait doesn't pay the bills. And buying things from them isn't going to kill your wallet...but will help support the local businesses.

If we don't take care of the local places we're going to get stuck with big box stores that don't carry bait and think service means "getting your motor worked on".

·
Registered
135 Posts
Agreed on all of the above. It is my good friends Uncle that owns
Brenners. The nice part about them is you never feel like an inconvenience. :Welcome::Welcome:

·
Premium Member
6,666 Posts
My go to place

·
Registered
511 Posts
My go to place for bait as well...1000 spikes for $16 every ice season for me.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Ohub Campfire mobile app

·
Super Moderator
MMMmmm Scooby Snacks RULE!
16,426 Posts
Support them when possible. Not only do they have most anything you need, they are also easy on and off 131. Very convenient for those of us that work in GR, and live north of town.
Less than a mile from my shop.

:coolgleam

·
Premium Member
6,666 Posts
And do great repairs on vehicles

·
Premium Member
6,666 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
I would spend $2 for a $1 item at Brenners before I would spend $1 on a $5 item at Gander mt. or Cabelas. Just for the simple fact that I will support the local little man over the Mega stores any chance I have. I have been doing buisness with Brenners for over 25 years and have never been unhappy with the service,prices or advice.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Worked at PTD on west river for the past twenty years. Can't say enough good about these guys. Hope they are around for a long time. To many of these are fading away. Go buy some stuff you may not even need guys!! Support all our BAIT shops!!!

1 - 20 of 29 Posts