Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My friend went out to the marina and it was open and said 40 people were out fishing. He talked to a couple guys and they were out 1 1/2 miles in 18ft of water. Fishing was slow. They didn't see any fish on the ice. They said people were crossing the second pressure crack. 8 in. of ice. I read that the ice blew out last week so I gave up on fishing the bay. Maybe it's back on.

·
Registered
8,001 Posts
last year, before the water froze, the marina was only about a foot deep. not sure if it got any deeper over the soft water months.

during mid to late season last year, the people fishing brest bay did very well on eyes and perch. i just dont trust erie enough to go out that far. i can wait for soft water to fish erie myself.

WUSS...yup, you are exactly right!!!! lol

·
Registered
3,011 Posts
When we had water there was good pike numbers in the marina in the fall. Ive caught some nice smallies on the spring too. If its only a foot deep I doubt anything is in there now. Wuss, by no means thats common sense. That ice has blown out already this month, I dont want to be a bobber this time of year either.
Luna Peir is solid, now if it only had fish.

·
Registered
572 Posts
There we about 20 shanties out. Didn't see anyone coming back only talked to guys going out. Nobody fishing in the marina, water looks down.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts