Michigan Sportsman Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
2,287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Pulled out out TBM about 2pm and there was dirty water everywhere. Headed north as the last sat pic showed cleaner water up that way. Found some clean water off Stoney Point. Started marking prertty good. Ran scorpions and big jon minis 70-75 back off the big boards and 2 size 0 dipsies(no ring dialed to 3.5) with spoons off each corner back 55-60. Trolling speed was 1.8-1.9. Water depth was 18-20ft. Lots of fish marked. Picked up our 3 tickets in just short of 2 hours. Nice size fish too, a couple arounf 16/17 but the rest were 21-24". They were really smacking the spoons too, as pliers were required to remove almost all the hooks. What a blast. Best colors were anything we had down there, copper back in shrimp, boy girl, confusion, etc. It really didnt seem to matter.

· Registered
276 Posts
I had the same thoughts. we got our two man limit on harness then went to spoons for culling and fun. Man what a difference. the fish averaged 3-4 inches bigger and there was no doubt when they hit! got one that was close to thirty to the boat but busted the treble. Frankenberry and blueberry muffin were hot, also yellow tail pick up a few.

· Registered
814 Posts
I was out Friday too. Got lines in the water off Stony Point about 6 pm. Trolled spoons and cranks. Had a hard time keeping the white bass off the lures long enought to find a walleye. Was having a hard time keeping my speed down after the wind picked up.

Got a call from a MS.com guy ("Ice something" - sorry I cant remember your name), who was into the walleye on the dumping grounds, despite the muddy water. I had to head in that direction eventually, so ran down and trolled there for a while. Picked up 4 nice fish in 30 minutes before my crew tired of getting knocked around the boat. Thanks for the call Ice.

Boy that wind changed direction and picked up quick!:dizzy:

· Registered
2,287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi Mike...good to hear from you. We won't be around this weekend as the wife and I are going to Chicago for the weekend to celebrate our 25 wedding anniversary. I'll be fishing the area all summer. We HAVE to get together for a few cold ones at Toledo Beach.

· Registered
3,893 Posts
Troll in close. On a charter yesterday we were fishing in 9-15 FOW right in front of the stae park and pulled the guys 6 man limit plus some smallies. I have a charter friday and saturday also so sunday i will give another report as to where the fish are and how they are biting.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.