Michigan Sportsman Forum banner
21 - 40 of 45 Posts

Registered
Very true! It was always funny when we cleaned the whitefish and they were full of the barley we put down as chum! Lay them on tinfoil and put onion, pad of butter, lemon juice, salt and pepper! Seal it and put on hot grill for about 3 - 4 minutes on each side! Delicious!!!!!馃構馃構
Pasta is better than barley. Some of the whitefish we catch have 2-3 different types of pasta that are different than what we use. They travel from bait pile to bait pile.

Premium Member
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
Pasta is better than barley. Some of the whitefish we catch have 2-3 different types of pasta that are different than what we use. They travel from bait pile to bait pile.
That they did. Not uncommon to find them with a gut full of macaroni and say, who the heck is going without supper for these fish?:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Premium Member
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
A guy I knew that owned the old "grand motel" saved salmon eggs and would mix with elbow macaroni to dump as chum piles in the winter.
Now that is a new one for me. Don't see why it would not work though.

Reactions: Ralph Smith

Banned
Well who'd of thunk a possum can heal itself! :ROFLMAO: Got in boat earlier to put top up for rain coming tonight and for s.h.i.t.s and giggles hit the trim/tilt....it worked! Put cylinders back together with Joe's help and she trimmed up and down 3 times without a problem! 馃し鈥嶁檪锔 Ready for sea trials I guess.. :LOL: Gotta get all this smoking done first. Wild turkey all done, venny pastrami all done. Now salmon abd Cisco tomarrow and another store turkey on Thursday...
View attachment 839738
View attachment 839742
View attachment 839740
View attachment 839737
View attachment 839741
View attachment 839739
View attachment 839736
Make me wonder about a loose wire/short... Believe a trial by water is needed .

Premium Member
Pardon my dumb question. Those are just eggs you smoke. Like a hardboiled smoked egg? Are they pretty good. I don't have a smoker but have been thinking of getting one.

Premium Member
Pardon my dumb question. Those are just eggs you smoke. Like a hardboiled smoked egg? Are they pretty good. I don't have a smoker but have been thinking of getting one.
Yep....put em in right from fridge raw....225 degrees-4 hours. Some smoke permeates the shell and they always peel grate after running in Coldwater. Some get smoker than others. Not sure why but think they get cracks or shells thinner, who knows. But they are good and nothing to using an Xtra shelf while smoking something else. Here's after peeled..
Food Tableware Ingredient Animal product Cuisine

Premium Member
Discussion Starter · #31 ·

Premium Member
T

That is one good looking bird. Who are you smoking all that for Ralph? Must be having in half of Essexville for that party!
My bro and his wife are coming by to pick it up with some salmon tomarrow on their way to Augres to hang with relatives. I got it all boneless and pulled apart. He's just gotta add it to a crockpot with a little chicken broth on low. :) Can eat like us or make nachos, tacos, burritos, chicken salad etc. Got a full gallon bag of boneless turkey, about 8lbs....
Food Recipe Ingredient Cuisine Mixture

21 - 40 of 45 Posts