Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

Break from the bay

4172 Views 44 Replies 14 Participants Last post by  Deer Slayer
Kids came over Friday m Frisco area and we went over to Crystal Lake and was able to put 16 nice gills and Rockies in the freezer to take back with them! Was a good time until the yahoos on jet skies and pontoons that thought we were their personal play toys decided to harass us
Food Durian Green Cabinetry Ingredient
! Grandson had a blast catching the last three keepers! Good times to be remembered!
21 - 40 of 45 Posts
Pasta is better than barley. Some of the whitefish we catch have 2-3 different types of pasta that are different than what we use. They travel from bait pile to bait pile.
Very true! It was always funny when we cleaned the whitefish and they were full of the barley we put down as chum! Lay them on tinfoil and put onion, pad of butter, lemon juice, salt and pepper! Seal it and put on hot grill for about 3 - 4 minutes on each side! Delicious!!!!!馃構馃構
That they did. Not uncommon to find them with a gut full of macaroni and say, who the heck is going without supper for these fish?:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
Pasta is better than barley. Some of the whitefish we catch have 2-3 different types of pasta that are different than what we use. They travel from bait pile to bait pile.
A guy I knew that owned the old "grand motel" saved salmon eggs and would mix with elbow macaroni to dump as chum piles in the winter.
That they did. Not uncommon to find them with a gut full of macaroni and say, who the heck is going without supper for these fish?:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
Reactions: Deer Slayer
Now that is a new one for me. Don't see why it would not work though.
A guy I knew that owned the old "grand motel" saved salmon eggs and would mix with elbow macaroni to dump as chum piles in the winter.
Reactions: Ralph Smith
Well Bob the salmon and Cisco came out pretty good! :)
Food Ingredient Recipe Cuisine Pork
Make me wonder about a loose wire/short... Believe a trial by water is needed .
Well who'd of thunk a possum can heal itself! :ROFLMAO: Got in boat earlier to put top up for rain coming tonight and for s.h.i.t.s and giggles hit the trim/tilt....it worked! Put cylinders back together with Joe's help and she trimmed up and down 3 times without a problem! 馃し鈥嶁檪锔 Ready for sea trials I guess.. :LOL: Gotta get all this smoking done first. Wild turkey all done, venny pastrami all done. Now salmon abd Cisco tomarrow and another store turkey on Thursday...
View attachment 839738
View attachment 839742
View attachment 839740
View attachment 839737
View attachment 839741
View attachment 839739
View attachment 839736
Now I am hungry just sitting here!
Well Bob the salmon and Cisco came out pretty good! :)
View attachment 839883
Wait till you see today! Last of the 4 day smoke fest! :):LOL:
Food Kitchen appliance Ingredient Recipe Roasting
Now I am hungry just sitting here!
Pardon my dumb question. Those are just eggs you smoke. Like a hardboiled smoked egg? Are they pretty good. I don't have a smoker but have been thinking of getting one.
Yep....put em in right from fridge raw....225 degrees-4 hours. Some smoke permeates the shell and they always peel grate after running in Coldwater. Some get smoker than others. Not sure why but think they get cracks or shells thinner, who knows. But they are good and nothing to using an Xtra shelf while smoking something else. Here's after peeled..
Food Tableware Ingredient Animal product Cuisine
Pardon my dumb question. Those are just eggs you smoke. Like a hardboiled smoked egg? Are they pretty good. I don't have a smoker but have been thinking of getting one.
T
Wait till you see today! Last of the 4 day smoke fest! :):LOL:
View attachment 840018
That is one good looking bird. Who are you smoking all that for Ralph? Must be having in half of Essexville for that party!
My bro and his wife are coming by to pick it up with some salmon tomarrow on their way to Augres to hang with relatives. I got it all boneless and pulled apart. He's just gotta add it to a crockpot with a little chicken broth on low. :) Can eat like us or make nachos, tacos, burritos, chicken salad etc. Got a full gallon bag of boneless turkey, about 8lbs....
Food Recipe Ingredient Cuisine Mixture
T

That is one good looking bird. Who are you smoking all that for Ralph? Must be having in half of Essexville for that party!
Whats next Ralph? Rocky mountain oysters?

Sent from my SM-A716U using Tapatalk
I'm done for a bit! Maybe in a week or so I'll be making 60lbs of summer sausage. :) Gotta get some more scraps to John so he can do a batch of venny bacon too. It never ends..:LOL:
Whats next Ralph? Rocky mountain oysters?

Sent from my SM-A716U using Tapatalk
We broke down, can someone tow us back to Finn?
Sky Daytime Line Twig Tree
That's gonna really cost alot of beer! :ROFLMAO:
We broke down, can someone tow us back to Finn? View attachment 840475
Homeland security has had an eye on you, they are already on the way. :LOL:
Was on my way, until I scrolled down.馃槀
Awesome ride!

Sent from my iPhone using Michigan Sportsman
Yep, but I'm bringing the truck and a trailer
  • Haha
Reactions: Josh R and Pete R
21 - 40 of 45 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.