Michigan Sportsman Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
31,691 Posts
Can try to get some of them for you next week. They should still be around. I ju8st have not been after them until the kids came in and the wind forecast made the bay seem like a stretch. Daughter loves to fish and is very aggressive about getting the biggest or most fish!:LOL::LOL:
It's no biggie Bob, just messing with you...I will have some pastrami for you to try though. Might have to barter for a ride. :LOL: I got too much fish in freezer as it is, need to eat more up. :) Did smoked wild turkey yesterday, it's tenderizing in the pot right now. Got 2 loads of salmon to smoke tomarrow..

Food Kitchen appliance Ingredient Outdoor grill rack & topper Recipe

Food Ingredient Tableware Recipe Seafood

·
Premium Member
31,691 Posts
Well who'd of thunk a possum can heal itself! :ROFLMAO: Got in boat earlier to put top up for rain coming tonight and for s.h.i.t.s and giggles hit the trim/tilt....it worked! Put cylinders back together with Joe's help and she trimmed up and down 3 times without a problem! 🤷‍♂️ Ready for sea trials I guess.. :LOL: Gotta get all this smoking done first. Wild turkey all done, venny pastrami all done. Now salmon abd Cisco tomarrow and another store turkey on Thursday...
Food Ingredient Cuisine Dish Mixture

Food Aluminium foil Foil Ingredient Gold

Food Tableware Ingredient Recipe Cuisine

Food Ingredient Recipe Tire Cuisine

Food Ingredient Sleeve Artifact Cuisine

Azure Wood Rectangle Food Natural material

Automotive tire Ingredient Wood Staple food Cuisine

·
Premium Member
31,691 Posts
I can smell that smoker going over here, might have to walk over.;) Taking the grandson out for some eye's in the morning, hopefully nice after rain.
Stop by Mark will be here all day. I owe you anyway for dropping off venny...I got some canned venny left, will hook you up with some and a hunk of pastrami. :)

·
Premium Member
31,691 Posts
I thought they looked exactly like whitefish when we caught them. Found there was a slight difference (in the head area I think, been 35 years now) but big difference in taste.
Isn't funny that out of the 2, the bottom feeder is the one that tastes best. :LOL: Everyone puts down bottom feeders and the ones that feed on or near bottom are usually the best tasting. :)

·
Premium Member
31,691 Posts
Pardon my dumb question. Those are just eggs you smoke. Like a hardboiled smoked egg? Are they pretty good. I don't have a smoker but have been thinking of getting one.
Yep....put em in right from fridge raw....225 degrees-4 hours. Some smoke permeates the shell and they always peel grate after running in Coldwater. Some get smoker than others. Not sure why but think they get cracks or shells thinner, who knows. But they are good and nothing to using an Xtra shelf while smoking something else. Here's after peeled..
Food Tableware Ingredient Animal product Cuisine

·
Premium Member
31,691 Posts
T

That is one good looking bird. Who are you smoking all that for Ralph? Must be having in half of Essexville for that party!
My bro and his wife are coming by to pick it up with some salmon tomarrow on their way to Augres to hang with relatives. I got it all boneless and pulled apart. He's just gotta add it to a crockpot with a little chicken broth on low. :) Can eat like us or make nachos, tacos, burritos, chicken salad etc. Got a full gallon bag of boneless turkey, about 8lbs....
Food Recipe Ingredient Cuisine Mixture

1 - 15 of 15 Posts