Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone tried fishing off the dock at Brandenburg in the evening for cats or bullhead? I've gone countless times on smaller inland lakes with great success but never have tried it on LSC. if Brandenburg isn't good can anyone recommend a good public access site to try from shore?

Thanks

·
Registered
731 Posts
When I was a kid we use to catch cats out of the spillway this time of year at night. Down by the dam off of Harper. 2 years ago I took my younger cousin to Metro 4th of July weekend. We caught 15 cats out of the black creek close to the lake. It was the middle of the day. We had 2 that were 10lbs. We were using crawlers. That might be the place to try. My cousins been bugging me to go. I just don't want to deal with the heat.

As for Brandonburg I don't think theres much around. It's really shallow in that area.

·
Registered
11,858 Posts
Gotta fish em at night! Perfect way to beat the heat and get your fix in!

I'll 2nd the spillway.... Anywhere from the dam to the lake.. Some pretty good holes off the closest spot to park the car.

Mouth of the Clinton is worth a shot too. Seems they are either there or they're not.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts