Michigan-Sportsman.com banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
12,758 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I got tired of trying to decide whether to freeze or listen to the salamander so picked up a hanging propane heater. I went over to a friend of mine’s house and looked at a similar heater we installed 15 years ago. He remarked how he still remembered us taking the heater up ladders and getting the bolts started. I wanted to use the forks on my loader but there was not enough headroom so we went with a couple pulleys and the winch on the quad.
IMG_0949.JPG

IMG_0950.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using Michigan Sportsman

·
Registered
238 Posts
Nothing better then a heated garage with the flick of a switch! I put a natural gas furnace in my garage and absolutely love it.

·
Registered
26,514 Posts
I was hoping to see something a bit more precarious.

Taking the sting off in the cold season sure is nice.

·
Premium Member
1,009 Posts
I got tired of trying to decide whether to freeze or listen to the salamander so picked up a hanging propane heater. I went over to a friend of mine’s house and looked at a similar heater we installed 15 years ago. He remarked how he still remembered us taking the heater up ladders and getting the bolts started. I wanted to use the forks on my loader but there was not enough headroom so we went with a couple pulleys and the winch on the quad.
View attachment 632089
View attachment 632091

Whaaaaat? From seeing pics of yours you have access to wood. And no wood stove in there? :lol:

·
Registered
26,514 Posts
Whaaaaat? From seeing pics of yours you have access to wood. And no wood stove in there? :lol:
Cutting wood, like shingling roofs are for young peasants. (yes, I will be cutting this weekend)

Instant heat is a very nice option

·
Premium Member
12,758 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
No insurance with a wood stove in a shop with my provider. They also take up a lot of room. .

·
Premium Member
1,009 Posts
Cutting wood, like shingling roofs are for young peasants. (yes, I will be cutting this weekend)

Instant heat is a very nice option
Yes I agree for sure instant heat is awesome. And wood cutting does suck most of the time. Use way more wood in my barn on weekends than I use in the Ashley soapstone for the house. Was just messing with him. lol

·
Registered
1,200 Posts
Hold on for a second while I turn my Reddy Heater off. Can't even think while that thing is running.....

By the way....nice looking job.

I like your ingenuity of tightening 2 rachet straps around the heater and lifting it up from the strap. You could also have built up on top of your forks with a metal box or plastic box underneath the heater to get it up to the ceiling.

·
Premium Member
12,758 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Hold on for a second while I turn my Reddy Heater off. Can't even think while that thing is running.....

By the way....nice looking job.

I like your ingenuity of tightening 2 rachet straps around the heater and lifting it up from the strap. You could also have built up on top of your forks with a metal box or plastic box underneath the heater to get it up to the ceiling.
The milk crates in the first picture were intended to raise the heater up on the forks but with the size of the tractor the arms would hit the ceiling before the heater was clear up. We have the snow blower on my wife's Kubota or I would of used that.

·
Registered
1,200 Posts
The milk crates in the first picture were intended to raise the heater up on the forks but with the size of the tractor the arms would hit the ceiling before the heater was clear up. We have the snow blower on my wife's Kubota or I would of used that.
If your wife has a Kubota.....then what do you have? :)

·
Registered
25,161 Posts
View attachment 632089
View attachment 632091

Nice looking install. :cool:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts