Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I fish in a small private lake in West Bloomfield that gets no pressure at all. This lake feeds into two larger ones that are great for pike & bass. We went out Friday for 2hrs and caught about 15Largemouth bass avg of 2.0lbs, but we landed a 4lb,5.5lb and one just over 6lbs. I just starting fishing again after 15yrs off. Is a 6lb bass worth bragging about or is that just "OK"? Can someone tell what a good day is ( both pounds and numbers ) Thanks

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
sure. ive fished for 30 years and the biggest LMB i ever caught was about 7..also in private waters.

·
Registered
2,492 Posts
I fish in a small private lake in West Bloomfield that gets no pressure at all. This lake feeds into two larger ones that are great for pike & bass. We went out Friday for 2hrs and caught about 15Largemouth bass avg of 2.0lbs, but we landed a 4lb,5.5lb and one just over 6lbs. I just starting fishing again after 15yrs off. Is a 6lb bass worth bragging about or is that just "OK"? Can someone tell what a good day is ( both pounds and numbers ) Thanks
That's a big bass brother!! Been fishing Michigan my whole life and my biggest is 23 inches 6lbs!

SimplyOutdoors TV

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I thought it was a big fish. But I showed a picture to someone and he replied ,"Not bad...OK". I thought I snagged a tree on the bottom until I took some pressure off the rod and the line went straight left! This is my first yr really getting into fishing...So I didnt know how to rate this catch..thanks guys

·
Registered
2,164 Posts
Those are definitely some very nice LMB!! 6# is a hawg! I'll celebrate your success with you and I'm glad to see you're getting back into the game!

As for "bragging rights", you're fishing a private lake, so I don't know who you can really "brag" to, other than the other anglers who have a "right" to fish on the private lake. Private water is just that...and may be a significant contributor to the size of the fish you caught. Less pressure can = bigger fish.

DNR Master Angler program will not recognize fish caught from private waters.

·
Registered
2,164 Posts
You wouldn't be the first...or last! The cool part is seeing your buddy's trailer at that lake's parking lot the next day!
:lol::lol::D

·
Registered
191 Posts
i would put it on the wall. 9.9 out of 10 i catch dont even break 14 inches. i think they got smart and stop growing at 13 and7 8s.:confused:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts