Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
2,969 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Lets see who has the most talented dog. How we will determine this is by you bragging about what your dog can do!

My dog can open all sorts of doors and can find and get rid of our cat in an instance.
Thats about it, he just tearned 1 on the 28th of December and from what i here about Border Colies (through my older thread) that they mature really slow..

Shane

PS Maverick (my BC) is doing really good now, he's still a litte wimpy (still dont know why) but i hope he grows out of it when he's mature..Gonna be teaching him alot of tricks now that he's 1 and can remeber stuff..First obediance school then some agility! Sorry guys..Really bored and wanted a thread that will get some posts and keep me busy..

·
Registered
7,175 Posts
Lets see,

My dog can do all of the following,

Hunt out of range,
Never come when called,
Eat what ever **** it finds in the woods,
Roll in dead things,
Eats shot birds in the field,
Decides where they finds birds is more important than where I find them (kind of like hunting out of range)
they can have wrestling matches to the point of craziness in the family room
there idea of a retriever is a hard mouth game of keep away.

·
Registered
1,874 Posts
Steelheadfred said:
Lets see,

Hunt out of range,
Never come when called,
Roll in dead things,
Decides where they finds birds is more important than where I find them (kind of like hunting out of range)
Those sound like a couple of very nice dogs Fred!

But you forgot to add that one is ugly!!:lol:

·
Registered
3,716 Posts
My dog can pluck a grouse if I don't get to it before him. And when I let him out of his crate he barks like a beagle at bay.

BEAT THAT!!!

Although Fritz's was pretty clever as well.

·
Registered
4,262 Posts
Steelheadfred said:
Lets see,

Hunt out of range,
Never come when called,
Roll in dead things,

See now that's the kind of honesty this forum needs! :lol:

·
Registered
2,931 Posts
OK....hard to explain, so bear with me.

My dog goes on point...I come in, give him a whoa and go in....not finding a bird. I will try and flush as wide as I can before releasing the dog. While doing this, he gets very excited, as to say, "I know the bird's gone...let me go!!!!:yikes:"

Then, when I say "OK" (release command), he will yip pretty loud when he takes off...it is really quite funny to see and hear.

This has only happened when the bird has either already flushed or moved on him. It's like he's trying to tell me that. What can I say....he's a freak!!!

·
Registered
240 Posts
My lab can bust on shot without command!! He tore my blind down once this year trying to get at the ducks I was missing.

We need more training.

Top that!

Eric

·
Registered
4,262 Posts
When I throw food in the trash my dog will try to sneak in there to eat it. I'll see him from the corner of my eye. All I have to do is say his name, Baaaaaiiiilllllleey in a regular voice and he'll turn and walk the other way, like he never even thought of going it there by it. I know he's thinking "damn, busted again!". :lol:

·
Registered
5,465 Posts
My dog can run in circles around me really fast when I want him to bring a dead bird to me. I have heard of victory laps but he looks like he is qualifying for NASCAR events sometimes. :lol:

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
I don't claim to have the best dog in the world, but what some of you put up with is sad. Some of that behavor I wouldn't accept from a 4 month old pup.
For a bunch of trainers your standards are pretty low. I would be ashamed to post up failures like that. I wouldn't even have them in my kennel.

I guess I should assume you are working on the problems. Or that your pulling my leg Like I am yours.lol

·
Registered
1,718 Posts
JYDOG said:
I don't claim to have the best dog in the world, but what some of you put up with is sad. Some of that behavor I wouldn't accept from a 4 month old pup.
For a bunch of trainers your standards are pretty low. I would be ashamed to post up failures like that. I wouldn't even have them in my kennel.

I guess I should assume you are working on the problems. Or that your pulling my leg Like I am yours.lol
:lol: had me going for a few sentences

·
Registered
1,718 Posts
My dog is an awesome hurdler!!!! Unfortuntly, it is usally the fence in my yard and she is going after some squirrel!!!!!

·
Registered
1,970 Posts
Steelheadfred said:
Lets see,

Hunt out of range,
Never come when called,
Roll in dead things,
Hell, I read that and thought. Fritz most have got a couple setters and didn't tell anyone till now(which everyone should do, at one point in their lives, just to test their sanity). Brian.

·
Registered
157 Posts
my dog can breed at 4 months old.see thread [when imports make sense]....:lol:

·
Registered
680 Posts
My dog is reading these posts.....

and.............

[iu[2089[ [qlmeht ['qkjgk 'a;6h

Well she tried to type a response...had trouble with her paws...now she's sitting at my desk reading the morning paper, checking stock prices.

·
Registered
2,931 Posts
One more thing....my dog drinks martinis and smokes Cohibas.:D

·
Registered
240 Posts
EMoor said:
My lab can bust on shot without command!! He tore my blind down once this year trying to get at the ducks I was missing.

We need more training.

Top that!

Eric

Oh yeah, he eats turds too.

·
Registered
7,939 Posts
My dog taught me how to make love to a woman, and how to scold a child.

·
Registered
1,249 Posts
This is weird but true. Every time my wife gets back from the grocery store she lets the beagle out. He jumps in the back of her suv and sticks his nose in every bag. He ignores every thing, including meat until he finds the bag with dog treats, if she bought some. When we take that bag in he follows and sits until he gets a treat.

1 - 20 of 49 Posts