Michigan-Sportsman.com banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
2,143 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Took my boy out for first ice today. Started at wickes. Nada. Went to b.c. and got into them. First drop down without even a minnow and it was fiah on! He was using a bobber with a buckshot and he caught five all by himself absolutely no help from me. Memories were made and high fives doled out. Great day on the river! Kinda spooky taking him out but we spudded and he learned no ice is safe ice! Love this fishery! The smile says it all!!!

Attachments

·
Registered
1,864 Posts
Congrats!!!
That is priceless
can't wait until the wife trusts me enough to go solo with my 3 1/2 year old. He can go when grandpa goes....next year for sure.

Sent from my VS870 4G using Ohub Campfire mobile app

·
Registered
2,143 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Excellent.
How old is he? Trying to figure out how long before I can take mine.:D
He is four. He did great out there today! I asked him if he would rather be playing wii or be fishing. He said fishing. I told him u cant catch fish on the couch! Lol. Also brought a can of pringles that he loved! Gotta bring lots of snacks. Plus he gets to pee outside which is his favorite! Lol

·
Registered
2,143 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Congrats!!!
That is priceless
can't wait until the wife trusts me enough to go solo with my 3 1/2 year old. He can go when grandpa goes....next year for sure.

Sent from my VS870 4G using Ohub Campfire mobile app
My wife was very leery with me taking him out but i had already told him i was taking him so that worked in my favor. I made him strictly follow behind me and tried to stay out if the drifts on way out so there were no hidden holes. People need to spud smaller holes please. I saw a half dozen that woulda about swallowed my kid up had we not been paying attention.

·
Registered
2,143 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Also saw my first snowmachine on the river today and he was even goubg under the bridges! Ballsy!!

·
Registered
2,143 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Raise that water level!

Apparently, I used to "water the trees" lol. Those were the days... loved fishing with dad and Grandpa.
I tried to help him pee in a empty powerade bottle at first. Learned the hard way...dont try it! Lol

·
Super Moderator
35,252 Posts
I tried to help him pee in a empty powerade bottle at first. Learned the hard way...dont try it! Lol
Lmao!!!!

Probably a little too early for that with all those layers!

Can't think of anything more fun than teaching a kid to fish... your pics made my day.

·
Registered
2,143 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Thanks shad. I will be out there tomorrow.afternoon with droptine989. I will give u a call or call me if u get into them

1 - 20 of 41 Posts