Michigan Sportsman Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,813 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well i havent posted much but here it goes. Right now because of all the rain/ snow we have been getting i havent had a chance to set many k9 traps or water traps. I have been trapping around this old house for 15 days or so and it is like every 3 days or so i pick up a skunk on it lmao. Every time i get one i plan on pulling the traps but never get to it.

I will post a couple pics of the land i am trapping around and of the latest 2 skunks i have gotten.

Here is the skunks

The next 3 are of the same one. I think it is cool he has that one white line in the middle of his head and the white on the bottom of him lmao.

So far my totals are 5 coon and 6 skunks lmao so im doing better then last year

·
Registered
7,479 Posts
Nice!

You can come over and get the five coons that torment me out the back door every night. I would, but I really don't want to put in all the work and get .50 cents a piece for them. There's a skunk there too...come'n get em'.

How many K9 sets you got out?

·
Registered
1,813 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Lmao if it wasnt a 5 hour drive i would take you up on that. Hmmm maybe run over set traps drink beer then check traps and drive home lol.

Right now i only have 2 k9 sets out lol and 3 live traps and 4 160's. I have been trapping around house and barns for now just to help some farmers out.

·
Registered
7,479 Posts
Yeah...you'd probably only need an hour if you stopped by right before dark. Every night they stick their nose on the sliding glass door and then go straight for the bird feeder. One is really black...maybe 25 lbs.

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
Rob... you need to smile when your handling those little stinkers!! hahahahaha go make the beer drive, i mean trap run and go hammer those coons! water line tomorrow night at midnight.. im chumming them right now... :evilsmile

·
Registered
2,216 Posts
Looks like you are having fun Rob and that is the most important part! I love the fact that prices don't matter to you and that you do it because you want to learn more and do it because you enjoy it. It seems to be a rare thing now. Great job and continued success to you on your line. OT

·
Registered
3,447 Posts
Those are nice Rob. I really like the last one. I actually enjoy putting them up and wish I caught more down here. 1-2 per year is all. Of, course maybe more this year as I'll be running more land sets. Are using a pole or a 22?

Picked up a nice boar coon yesterday in a yote set. Popped in 8 grizzes after work last night along the edge of a corn field and had 3 more coon waiting for me today. The Yotes are taking me to school ... and I'm wearing the dunce cap. But the good note ... I aint caught a possum yet!!

Hopefully, if the weather straightens out tomorrow I'll get some more sets out and then Sunday play in the water. My vacation officially began at 3pm today!!

·
Registered
203 Posts
Nice stinkers Rob. I tried putting one up today and it was looking great until I tried getting the fat under the membrand on top the the neck. Seems there's a real fine line there and I jumped right across it! Any tips for scraping the neck besides being careful?

·
Registered
1,708 Posts
Nice looking stinker there Rob! That stripe down his head is pretty cool. Keep at em.

Mike

·
Registered
1,813 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Looks like you are having fun Rob and that is the most important part! I love the fact that prices don't matter to you and that you do it because you want to learn more and do it because you enjoy it. It seems to be a rare thing now. Great job and continued success to you on your line. OT
OT to me that is all it is. Im helping out some of the farmers and they are helping me out. lol I am just having a blast with this and if this would be all i caught i would be happy. As of right now i am above my total numbers from last year and i haven't even set water yet or all of my k9 traps.

Those are nice Rob. I really like the last one. I actually enjoy putting them up and wish I caught more down here. 1-2 per year is all. Of, course maybe more this year as I'll be running more land sets. Are using a pole or a 22?

Picked up a nice boar coon yesterday in a yote set. Popped in 8 grizzes after work last night along the edge of a corn field and had 3 more coon waiting for me today. The Yotes are taking me to school ... and I'm wearing the dunce cap. But the good note ... I aint caught a possum yet!!

Hopefully, if the weather straightens out tomorrow I'll get some more sets out and then Sunday play in the water. My vacation officially began at 3pm today!!

4 of the skunks were caught in buckets guarded with 160's one skunk was poled and one was shot with 22. I would of shot the poled one but i couldn't because it was up at a house lol.

Nice stinkers Rob. I tried putting one up today and it was looking great until I tried getting the fat under the membrand on top the the neck. Seems there's a real fine line there and I jumped right across it! Any tips for scraping the neck besides being careful?
I have only scraped one so far because i dont have no boards for them yet. I just went to town lol with out as much pressure that i used on the coons.The one i did tho kind of just rolled right off.

Thanks everyone i think if i get this guy fleshed right with out tearing the tail like i always do on everything i may get him tanned for the wall.

·
Registered
1,813 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
i picked up another two today one is real nice looking. i will post pics tomorrow heading to the bar here soon so dont wanna stink right now lmao.

Craig lmao i do have one of your traps in the ground right now atleast i think it is yours maybe Bill's We have been so dang muddy i havent had a chance to get to the only land i can trap that is right by the house. I maybe heading out on Mon and setting up some powerline roads or maybe the pipe line. I just hate to set them and have to run 30 45 mins one way to turn around and run 30 mins the other way lmao.

·
Registered
5,353 Posts
well if its bills you probably wont catch a dang thing... his are all jinxed!

i havent seen a post yet on here from him in the trapping forum!

does he even trap these days?

clearly an armature!

wish i could have taught him more before i moved out here:lol:

like how to better make fun of the rookies..... :lol:.... like that Joe guy...

1 - 14 of 14 Posts