Michigan Sportsman Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have a bowtech tribute and while shooting it the last few days i noticed it is louder and louder well today i decided to sit down and go over the bow and make sure everything was tight and i found on each limb where they connect to the riser there are 2 allen bolts on each limb they are in slots like a adjustment but they are all loose are they suppose to be loose or are they some sort of pivot? i tried drawing the bow and checking to see if they moved but they dont...i would say by looking at them they are part of the way you attach the limbs to the riser and should be tight but i am unsure? went to the bowtech sight and found nothing any answer would be hepful.
thanks guys and gals,
tjstebb

·
Registered
144 Posts
The bolts are just there as a pocket lock feature. They need to be loosened up to adjust poundage, then re-tightened after the adjustments are made. Somebody just forgot to tighten them back up. Simply tighten them back up and all is good. Hurts absolutely nothing; just noisy. Hoyts and p.s.e's as well as others have the same feature. No problem with the bow; just someone forgetting to tighten them back up. take care.
Jim

·
Registered
79 Posts
I have the exact model and mine loosen up last year too. You need to tighten them up. I think those allen screws hold in the modules (speed or smooth draw).

·
Registered
2,207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks guys...i just didnt want to tighten them and find out the where a shouldered bolt that was suppose to be loose so i will tighten them and all will be good thanks alot guys,
tjstebb

·
Registered
2,304 Posts
yep tighten the limb locking bolts down, they should not be loose when shooting and in my experience will make the bow louder. Like stated above they only need to be loosened when adjusting draw weight or pressing the bow.

Also go over all the bolts/screws on the bow and any accesory. You would be amazed at how some bolts/screws can vibrate loose. I use blue lock tite on all mounting bolts and adjustment bolts/screws on accesories.

One area that I found on my 06 tribute that caused noise was the shrink wrap on the draw stop. It was loose on the stop and made a buzzing noise when shot. I took the stop off and re-shrunk the tubing and no more noise.

Hope this helps,

J-

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.