Michigan Sportsman Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
800 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I ended up taking Friday off to try a day time trip on Saginaw Bay because the weather conditions look too good to pass up. With the water being down more than 14" from last year the areas I usually have become use to finding fish was very different. Found more fish in 3 feet of water next to tall grass sandy bottom. Most other times 18" of water with dark silty bottom areas are much better. Just to be clear this might be on of those exception days when they were just being different. The fish were full of eggs and large percentage of high teens weights with serval 20+# fish . Gars are in full spawn and many are in large balls. Some sheepshead & dogfish
Food Ingredient Staple food Seafood Recipe
Food Ingredient Staple food Seafood Recipe

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
Very fun time. It's been years since I did it. Pt. Mouillee was my old stomping
grounds for Bow fishing in my earlier years. What a blast. Great haul on the Grass Carp.

·
Premium Member
12,281 Posts
I ended up taking Friday off to try a day time trip on Saginaw Bay because the weather conditions look too good to pass up. With the water being down more than 14" from last year the areas I usually have become use to finding fish was very different. Found more fish in 3 feet of water next to tall grass sandy bottom. Most other times 18" of water with dark silty bottom areas are much better. Just to be clear this might be on of those exception days when they were just being different. The fish were full of eggs and large percentage of high teens weights with serval 20+# fish . Gars are in full spawn and many are in large balls. Some sheepshead & dogfish View attachment 831877 View attachment 831877
What do you do with the carp?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts