Michigan-Sportsman.com banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,227 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A guy at work said he had an older compond bow that he wanted to sell for $35-40 dollars. I havn't seen the bow yet and I don't know if he knows what he's got as far as value. Is there a web site that you can go to and find out the value of bows?

·
Premium Member
13,402 Posts
Give Ebay a looksee.....they may have some used bows up for auction.

·
Banned
634 Posts
hi boltaction........I dont know what kind of bow it is but i can tell you from when i worked at Jays that any bow over say 5 years is worth no more than $100 and if its over 10 years no more that $50 in fact Jays won't take any bow on trade if its over 3 years old.......it has nothing to do with warranties either its because no one knows just how you took care of that bow ,how it was stored ,if rutine mantience was done it and so forth so unlike guns they don't hold there value.....if your going to think of buying it i would check the limbs for little cracks,check the pulleys for unusealy wear,check the cabels for wear or frayed spots and also check the string.....if in doubt take it to Jays and ask for dave he can tell you if its worth any thing or if your going to have to stick a bunch of money in it......hoped this helped ....bye Carl

1 - 4 of 4 Posts