Michigan Sportsman Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking to get some new sights for my bow. I'd like to establish 3 PINS for confidence in longer shots. Liked the vertical pin style but wondered what you all preferred before I make my decision.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Is it really tool free adjustments? Also can you get a rheostat for the trophy ridge? I find my eye natrally likes how vertical pins look in the field of view.

I've seen alot of advertising on the G5 series

·
Premium Member
4,958 Posts
I'm a big fan of the Copper John stuff in pin sights.

Reasonably priced, stellar customer service, all metal, durable and bright and you have optional light and front cap. Tough to beat IMO.

·
Registered
2,514 Posts
I have found Trophy Ridge sights to be a big POS. They seem to constantly loosen up. Copper John as kelly mentioned makes a real nice sight. Others I would recommend are Sure Loc, Viper, Spott Hogg and Sword.

I am shooting a Viper microtune now and really like it. Very tough sight.

·
Registered
418 Posts
i prefer vital gear angular pins i have a triangle and now just order a quad angle to give me a fourth pin the way these pins pic up light is amazing each pin has over 3ft of fiber optic wrapped around it to me it is the brightest sight on the market without adding any type of light check them out

·
Registered
163 Posts
SpotHogg sights are probably the most solid and best sight out there. The pins are bright with their Wrap attached. To me, in second place are Sword sights, their quality is nearly as good as Hoggs, and you can have the customize your pins, like the color and size of EACH PIN. Very cool. I am going to use the SpotHogg Hunter this season.:)

·
Registered
697 Posts
HHA sights are another good option. I've been using vital gear sights for a few years and like them, but I just put an HHA on my Pro3000 and I am very happy with it. It is a great sight.

·
Registered
16,457 Posts
I'm a big fan of the Copper John stuff in pin sights.

Reasonably priced, stellar customer service, all metal, durable and bright and you have optional light and front cap. Tough to beat IMO.
I too am a huge CJ fan. Have one on every bow in the house (I have 3 and my sons both have one). Can't beat them as far as price to durabilty and quality.

·
Registered
16,457 Posts
Could someone reccomend a sight that would be suitable for use out of a dark ground blind.
Most newer sights come with a light option. I have one with my Copper Johns and it works quite well.;)

·
Registered
817 Posts
low light conditions without a doubt : Montana black gold - flashpoint

this thing just plain lights up , there new ignite line has the new slim pins.

·
Registered
4,293 Posts
Copper John is a great sight but I prefer Toxonics.
I have a 3 pin on my Pantera and love it! Very bright and very stable, not to mention very durable.
I hunt from the ground and stalk sometimes. I was looking for a sight that protected the pins quite well. Toxonics suited my need. The pins are metal, not plastic.

·
Registered
2,859 Posts
Anyone using the Pollington red dot from Oneida. My buddy swears by it. The only problem is that they are expensive. Whatever you put the dot on is what the arrow hits. No peep or nothing. If I had the money that is what I would buy.

·
Banned
161 Posts
I use one Meprolight pin. I store it with my detachable guard in the sun when I am not using it. I've been using my current pin for over 10 years. I'll never use another pin. Perfect for low light hunting conditions.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts