Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
476 Posts
If your talking about "reddot" I would recomend the bushnell series. The one I have has either red or green with multiple reticles. I had problems with the BSA reddots and went to the bushnell and havn't had a problem since.

dave

·
Registered
2,287 Posts
i shot the pollington and the bsa for quite a few years but recently went back to normal sights. once you get them dialed in their nice but getting there was a major pain.

·
Premium Member
17,583 Posts
Spend the money and go to the Buck Poll in Marion, MI (check them out on the web)....Get the Pollington Red Dot scope and mount. If you go to the shop, they will spend all the time you need to get you set up and shooting correctly. I have one, that I got from one of the good members here, I'm very happy with it! I set it up myself, took some trial and error but once I got it set up correctly, I was very happy with it. I would not consider it for dedicated target shooting such as spots etc, but for a pure hunting site, it's ideal. if your the least bit interested, you atleast need to check them out and shoot them a bit.

·
Registered
2,798 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
heck I'm not sure what I'm looking for.....lol All I know is I want to get away from a peep site ......The red dot type of scope is some sort....what is a powered lens type?

kingfishcam said:
Are you looking for a powered lens type?

·
Registered
2,507 Posts
The one I have has a 3 color, LED sight pin, and you can install different powered lenses to bring the target closer, like a scope would with a rifle. Unless you have great form, and anchor the same place every time, a peep would still be used. I used to shoot this scope without a peep.

·
Registered
142 Posts
I am usually one for simplicity and have never had any problems with site pin setups, but have to admit the scopes look awesome. Makes the bow look like a weapon a sniper would use.

·
Registered
476 Posts
I have never had a problem with fogging up. If you think about it the scope is an arms length from your face and not it harm of fogging. If your in a "shack" you might have a problem, but I doubt it.

The only problem I have had is rain collecting on the lens. Not bad enough that you couldn't shoot but slightly annoying. But then again when its raining I usually don't hunt anyways.:)

·
Registered
1,756 Posts
If your trying to get away from a peep sight. maybe check out the No Peep :)

Lots of people like the scopes, some don't (preference)

I think biggest thing is Field of view when using them.

Good luck

mike

·
Registered
3,061 Posts
I have a pollinton red dot and so does my dad. They are extremely accurate if set up right. The C.p. oneida eagle bow shop is the name of the place that makes the red dots scopes and bows. The buck pole archery is Claude Pollington's Deer ranch. If you go to the bow shop they will install it for you and help you sight it in. I have had great customor service from them.

Redneckman

·
Trophy Husband
2,948 Posts
Love my Pollington. Set it up myself too, (after reading the directions) wasn't that bad at all.

One piece of advice with any "scope" red dot sight etc. Be sure to put your lense caps on it before you spray your bow with Scent-Away. Of course I never actually did this. I know a guy who has this friend whose buddy did it.....

·
Registered
1,190 Posts
When raining I put on the scope extensions that came with the scope.

It adds about 2 inches of tube on the front and the back of the scope.

I have never had any issues with fogging either.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts