Michigan Sportsman Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3,002 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Noticed this year that my bow is making a sqeeking/creaking sound when it is drawn back. Originally I thought it was coming from the bottom cam but pin pointed it to the limb that runs from the cam to where I place my hand, right about in the middle. Once I get passed the let off there is no sound. In fact it only creaks about three times but loud enough to hear it with the t.v. at a normal level. I have a feeling that I'm going to scare the squirrels if I draw in the woods...help!!

It's a PSE Viper about 4-5 years old. I have limb savers, coon balls and what not. I waxed the string the other night...

Pic off the net, sounds like it's coming from the middle of the cam and the handle on the bottom, don't have a clue on bow terms, sorry...

·
Registered
3,002 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
ok here:

Sounds like it's coming from the lower limb pocket. I was wondering if tight'n the weight locking screw would help??? I'm probably only shooting at a bout 55-60 now...

·
Registered
8,514 Posts
Mine did the same thing awhile back. Couldn't figure it out and drove me nuts.
It was an older bow too.

Have a tech check and grease your limb pockets. That was the problem with mine.

·
Registered
16,457 Posts
Limb pocket is more than likely dry and needs to be lubed. Unless you are familiar with the process, take it to a pro shop and have them do it.

·
Registered
874 Posts
You are probably looking at a little more than $20.00 for a tuneup but its worth it if you have an older bow. I am shooting a 1995 Mathews and have gotten it tuned by a bow shop every year since 1999. It still as quiet as when I got it and they also check the limbs ect.. Its cost me about $40.00 but I am also into my 13yr with this bow with no problems.

·
Registered
506 Posts
Also check the cable slide, if its is dirty, and your slide is not made of telfon, it can also cause this squeek/creeking sound.

·
Registered
3,002 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
All set, Ninja took care of me up at KD Outdoors, thanks Ninja...

Dropped it off on Sunday, they were busy as heck and got it back Monday after work. That's for the fine tune up. Shooting like a dream now...

·
Registered
334 Posts
it should be (tuned). I try to take it every year but don't always make it. Know your shop and trust your tech. I consider mine a precision instrument just as I consider my firearms. Well worth $20.00-$40.00 a year. Mine has never let me down. I like it that way.
Just as always on these forums (disclaimer) just my opinion.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts