Michigan Sportsman Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8,439 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got back out this weekend and was seeing deer. I usually half-heartedly hunt this time of year and have had a hard time patterning them... until this year.

I saw at least 4-5 deer each time I sat down. Last night I saw 9 does.

They seemed really small to me, and the only sure shots I had were at a small doe (really small) and a button. So I will give it a shot next week for the last couple days.

The button was working a scape by the way... kinda funny.

·
Say My Name.
14,731 Posts
This December bowhunting is a b*tch, and I love it! Last 3 times out I made one small mistake each time, and they all cost me!

Yesterday AM, I saw the first mature buck I've seen in at least 2 years; unfortunately, he'd already dropped an antler.

Also saw two mink in the morning, which really surprised me.

·
Super Moderator
6,907 Posts
been waiting all year for this time to hunt. i wouldnt trade it for anything.

·
Registered
3,706 Posts
Best part of the season. I have seen and shot more mature bucks with a bow in late December than the rest of the season. I just hope the weather gets nasty.

Dan

·
Registered
1,337 Posts
Good luck guys and keep hunting. I have seen lots of deer recently and a few small bucks. They are still out there and are very hungry now. I'm off to the in-laws for the holidays in KY and hope to get a chance to break out the bow down there. My in-laws have a big farm down there but I don't know the deer situation. I plan on setting up my cam and may decide we need to spend more time w/ her parents when I get the pics back. I hope to squeeze in one or two more hunts when we get back. Good luck Die-hards!!!!!!

·
Registered
3,220 Posts
Originally posted by I'llbeoutside
Good luck guys and keep hunting. I have seen lots of deer recently and a few small bucks. They are still out there and are very hungry now. I'm off to the in-laws for the holidays in KY and hope to get a chance to break out the bow down there. My in-laws have a big farm down there but I don't know the deer situation. I plan on setting up my cam and may decide we need to spend more time w/ her parents when I get the pics back. I hope to squeeze in one or two more hunts when we get back. Good luck Die-hards!!!!!!
If your in-laws place is anything like the farm I hunt in KY every year, you won't want to hunt deer in MI again if you can be down there, instead. In my experience, fewer deer sighted, but many more bucks, and some real wall hangers. I only get one week/year, wish I could do more.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts