Michigan Sportsman Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
560 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What do you do to keep the little black peice with the screw in it from stripping out, on the nock end of the fishing arrow? The peice with the string attached is pulling the bottom peice out that is screwed in........ I'm thinking just a longer screw that comes out the other side, and put a nut on it?.......any suggestions?......We are pulling in a lot of weeds with the arrow and its pretty heavy sometimes.

·
Registered
5,353 Posts
Stop missing :) Im really not sure i think i know what your talking about... is it the one that has the slides... that slide up and down the arrow?... i wouldnt know about those because i dont use them we use the ones that you can either buy like the green ones or the muzzy ones that are already made up for you or we buy the set up for them and attach them on arrows we already had but those are done with crimper stuff or heat... no screw......

·
Registered
454 Posts
My suggestion would be to add a drop of quick set epoxy in the screw hole and then screw in the black piece carefully! No need to overtighten the epoxy will hold it in place. I would NOT put a nut and bolt on, simply because the nut would hit your rest as the arrow was shot which could cause injury.

Hope this helps!!

Good Luck!!

Jeremy

·
Registered
1,222 Posts
GSPHunter said:
My suggestion would be to add a drop of quick set epoxy in the screw hole and then screw in the black piece carefully! No need to overtighten the epoxy will hold it in place. I would NOT put a nut and bolt on, simply because the nut would hit your rest as the arrow was shot which could cause injury.

Hope this helps!!

Good Luck!!

Jeremy
:yeahthat:

Arrow blanks are pretty cheap. (depending on what kind you use) If the slide stop is coming off then transfer the tip and slide to a new blank and follow directions above. If that black stopper comes off you loose everything.

·
Registered
560 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Its the stopper at the end of the nock end, that the slide hits when it slides down the arrow. Its a little black peice with a screw. The slide has the string attached to it and when you pull the arrow back to you the slide gets wedged under the stopper and pulls it up, and the screw comes out........I know there must be some sort of trick....maybe some epoxy on top of the stopper, and in front, so the slide doesn't wedge under it??

·
Registered
1,222 Posts
if its stripped you may need to drill another hole and start over. My arrows have never had that problem and I have hoisted some pretty big fish up river banks and into the boat with no problem. The pressure should be pulling straight back on the black piece, not pulling it out. I have a roller rest and I glued my nocks on so that the black piece clears the rest. If it is hitting your rest or shelf it might be knocking it loose.

Check out this site it has just about everything you could ever need to know about bowfishing.

http://www.bowfishusa.com/index.php

1 - 6 of 6 Posts