Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7,057 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Started another thread about my new bow, but thought I would start one about cases.

I swung for the SKB Hybrid which is a soft nylon sides with ridged hard foam supports to make it hold form.

I think, if you don't fly airlines or have to ship it, it is the best bow case for the money (paid $135 + tax, they go for $150+ on Amazon!).

I fit my new bow in the case with 5 arrows in the quiver, quiver attached to the bow, and all accessories attached, including the stabilizer (non-folding).

I also had room to fit the other seven arrows from the complete dozen I bought.

The side pocket is handy for tools and release, etc. the only disappointment about it is the side pocket is just one big pocket. If they had some sewed in sleeves or something, that would have been awesome. I think I might get a small clear tackle box or similar, to keep wax, allen wrenches, etc. in.

It's light years better than the Plano hard case I had, which yes, was cheap ($30-40?). It was noisy, easily fell over and could scratch softer surfaces. The SKB Hybrid is definitely more quiet. It also protects better than full soft case which collapses around the bow.

·
Registered
1,389 Posts
Did you by chance pick it up from either one of the shops in fenton or holly?

·
Registered
7,057 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes, SunRy's had several in stock. There are two sizes and I had to go with the larger one to work with my bow and not taking any accessories off. The smaller one is just an inch or two smaller in each dimension and $10 or so cheaper.

They had one that the pocket on the side had the Matthews logo for those who might care to match their Matthews bow.

·
Registered
1,389 Posts
Cool, thanks! I've picked up a bunch of stuff and rolling there Monday for a peep sight. And need a new case badly I think I've had the same one for 15 years or better.

·
Registered
5,373 Posts
Nice i'll have to look into it. I have the plano bowguard all weather case. It's nice and heavy duty (well, most of it anyway... more on that later) but it's heavier than sin. While it's super heavy duty the velcro web straps that you install have already started to rip out (about 2 months old). I'm going to email plano customer service about getting some new ones. I think I heard they will send out new free of charge. Still a sore spot considering the rest of the case is so nice.

·
Registered
7,057 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

It's a little customizable too in that you can move the four arrow brackets anywhere you like. I have one set in the well below the bow to hold six arrows and the other one on the roof to hold six more. But since I can put my bow in there with the arrow quiver on AND arrows in the quiver, the upper brackets are only currently holding one arrow. The zipper is fairly quiet as well. And it stands up nice and doesn't easily tip over. I am going to enjoy packing it in the SUV without hearing a plastic this when it falls over.

The entire inside is Velcro friendly so you could easily come up with. Other attachments or put straps in to strap the bow down, etc.

The carry handle is so easy to work with and having a shoulder strap seems like a bonus even though I haven't used it yet.

I am going to get a couple of plastic clear tackle boxes for broadheads, tools, string wax, etc. will probably line them with felt or something to keep them quiet.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts