Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have not had much time because of work and my classes to get my son out hunting this season, but last night he connected on his first buck. The buck came out chasing a group of seven does and fawns around the the alfalfa field. He made a good shot and the buck did not run far. He was so excited, shaking like crazy. What a blessing for me to be there. I have been fortunate enough to be with all three of my kids on their first successful hunts.:)

Attachments

·
Registered
3,617 Posts
What a way to get your first buck. Now he'll have high hopes all the way through the season for the rest of his life. He'll always remember his last minute first buck.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Doesn't get much better than that! Congrats to your son on his first deer and to you dad for taking the time and being there for all your kids first deer. What great deer hunting memories you will always have to share with your kids.

·
Registered
3,756 Posts
Way to go dad!! Tell your son congrats!!

·
Premium Member
5,603 Posts
Conrats to your son. A good lesson in persistence.

·
Registered
1,878 Posts
There is absolutely no better feeling then being with your kid when they kill their first deer! Memory you will hang onto forever. Congrats to you both!

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thanks! As much as I love hunting myself, nothing compares to hunting with my kids. Successful or unsuccessful, it does not matter. But I have to admit being there for their first successful hunt makes it that much sweeter.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts