Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
when trolling for walleye in St. Clair River what size of weight should your botton bouncer be

·
Registered
55 Posts
You can't go wrong with too much weight. Only problem is that you won't be able to tell that you have a fish on. I've been using 6 oz while drifting with my big boat because I've got my wife and kids constantly distracting me. Probably 3/4 of the fish that we've caught this year we pulled up without knowing they were on. Those Wallys don't fight much better than a Sheephead.

I did actually manage to get a pic of my wife on the boat--smiling! Holding a nice fish too.

·
Registered
11,114 Posts
6oz?!
Holy crap....that is a lot of weight.
As for Sheephead they are one of the better fighting fish out there in m opinion.

Canajun said:
You can't go wrong with too much weight. Only problem is that you won't be able to tell that you have a fish on. I've been using 6 oz while drifting with my big boat because I've got my wife and kids constantly distracting me. Probably 3/4 of the fish that we've caught this year we pulled up without knowing they were on. Those Wallys don't fight much better than a Sheephead.

I did actually manage to get a pic of my wife on the boat--smiling! Holding a nice fish too.

·
Registered
5,560 Posts
I use 4oz bb most of the time and also spider or fire line tied direct to the BB (feels bottom better the mono). If I do get hung up on bottom most of the time the fine wire hook straightens out on the harness and no lost time re rigging. Sometimes the harness line breaks 12# and still you don't loose the BB and it don't take much time to re-rig.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts