Michigan Sportsman Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,834 Posts
Nice! I have some Blueberry wine going, that's about to finish off just above 9.5%. I know, that's a bit low for wine, but it's the girly wine, not the ice-fishing wine. ;)

·
Premium Member
3,107 Posts
Awesome glad to see some fellow brewers on here.. Ill definitely help keep this thread alive...I gave up bottling and keg now but I do bottle occasionally, just not my preferred beer delivery method 😁

Currently have an amber IPA on tap and brewing an English Pale tonight or Friday night.

That stout looks delish!

·
Registered
1,734 Posts
Dang, I’ve not brewed in a little over year now. My brew buddy moved and I lost some motivation. Maybe it’s time to start up again.

·
Premium Member
4,168 Posts
Dang, I’ve not brewed in a little over year now. My brew buddy moved and I lost some motivation. Maybe it’s time to start up again.

I brewed at our club brew day but, I'll be a little bit before brewing again. Too much outdoor work to do and the weather has been awesome, except for little to no rain.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Bottling a Bells Expedition Stout clone. First taste, its gonna be AWESOME after bottle conditioning for a few months. Came out at 9.5% View attachment 786450 View attachment 786606
Tried my first bottle of the Expedition Stout yesterday. It was very good but obviously needs more time in the bottle. It is still low on carbonation. And being a big stout it needs a lot more aging. I'm excited to think how good it be in 6 months. Now I need to try one of the Hopslam clones that we did. Those should be pretty good also, the last batch was excellent and received a lot praise from friends who tried it. And we still have a Dragons Milk stout clone to bottle. It's been in the fermenter for 3 weeks so far, 1 week with bourbon soaked toasted oak chips. Not sure what the next brew is going to be. Maybe a Christmas ale of some sort or possibly a Breakfast Stout clone.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Bottled the Dragons Milk we brewed 5 weeks ago. After the main fermentation was done we added heavily toasted oak chips that were soaked in Jim Beam for 2 days. It sat on the oak chips and beam for 3 weeks. It was was in the fermenter for a total of 5 weeks. Ill try one in a week or 2 but I really don't expect it will be prime for a few months yet.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Michigan Sportsman mobile app

1 - 7 of 7 Posts