Michigan-Sportsman.com banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
444 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking to get a new pair of boots that'll survive the punishment of Waterfowl and deer hunting as well as ice fishing. I was thinking about a knee high rubber insulated boot. I'd like something WARM and waterproof...I have a set of waders, so that's not an issue, I just think they're too bulky for climbing into a tree stand. Should I be looking into two different pairs of boots, or will one be a do-all?

·
Registered
2,647 Posts
I use muck boots and I enjoy them because they're not a bulky boot and I like the idea of when its warm out but when you're in the mud you can roll the tops over making them a little cooler. Might feet do get a little cold when its 20 or so out but I've always had issues with cold feet. Woody max version

Good luck on your purchase

·
Premium Member
429 Posts
I bought a pair of the Irish Setter Exoflex boots this year and can not be happier...They are very warm, comfortable to wear and walk in all day. I have used them for deer hunting, pat hunting and coyote hunting and have not had a single complaint....best thing to do is try on a few pair and see which ones feel the best. When I went to go buy my boots I had a different pair that I was dead set on getting but when I tried them on they were not comfortable. Tried on the setters and knew right then they were for me.

·
Registered
382 Posts
I also got muck boots (woody version) last year so I have more than a year in em and I have to say, these are the best damn boots I have ever had.

I like that they are light- they are like wearing tennis shoes. They are very warm and comfy too. Easy on, easy off.
They rock. I wore em to work this morning actually.

Like I think SBE hinted at, even though they are rated for -40, that's a bit of a stretch in my opinion.
In my treestand this past November, after hanging in my tree for 5 hours on a 20 degree day with a tad bit of wind, my toes were a bit cold.
I have another pair of boots for that but they are much more bulky and heavy.
I've used them on the ice for fishing and that's fine too.

I guess what im saying is these boots are the f'ing best until you get into real cold stuff.
They are as close to "one boot for all" as I've been able to find.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Ryan has a hook-up on mucks, get ahold of him and ask what he thinks. Just hint around that you are looking for a new pair and see if he will hook you up. Im going with him in a few weeks to get some at a damn good discount.

·
Registered
392 Posts
If you are looking for an extreme cold weather boot get the muck arctic pro's I got a pair, they say they are rated for -60 and I believe it. I would not wear these boots in weather over 40 degrees. It says to wear thick boot socks, but only wear one pair. It's all you will need, I've been wearing them in all this crazy cold weather and I'm always toasty and dry. My feet are anyway.

Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire

1 - 8 of 8 Posts