Michigan Sportsman Forum banner
1 - 20 of 135 Posts

·
Registered
1,869 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Also some other technologies...

With the Trail Camera bans in Western States, is this the start of a wider trend in limiting advances in technology used for hunting?

Font Circle Magenta Document Electric blue

Sent from my SM-A505U using Michigan Sportsman mobile app

·
Registered
7,968 Posts
I was reading their website a few days ago. Seems like they were proposing no use at all during the season.
Be intresting to see if this changes or it the trail camera manufacturers will have plan options that remove the immediate send(real time) and force a time delay of the several days B&C wants.

Reading further into this, B&C has always considered cell cams a violation as felt it fell under the 2 way communication ban(using radio or cell phone) to find/locate game

·
Registered
3,643 Posts

·
Registered
3,261 Posts
A slippery slope that leads to nowhere good! I know it's not this way now, but IMO if an animal is free roaming and legally harvested by legal means then it should be allowable. There are just too many regional and cultural differences in what people consider fair chase that we could already spend a lifetime bickering among ourselves about it.

·
Registered
1,869 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I guess my biggest question/concern is the bigger picture surrounding the increasing "technology" used in hunting, and how it's use is viewed by the non-hunting (not anti-hunting) public.

Ultimately, how we view it, as hunters is of minimal consequence, when compared to the part of society that doesn't hunt, but isn't "against" hunting. I see this trend as a way for anti-hunting forces, to chip away at the "lowest hanging fruit", by simply rationalizing with the non-hunting public about how it's not "fair chase". THAT...is a slippery slope.

Also, from reading the article, it appears that in addition to B&C, and several Western States, there is now discussion in at least one Eastern State (Vermont), about this topic. Concerning at best.......

Sent from my SM-A505U using Michigan Sportsman mobile app

1 - 20 of 135 Posts