Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

61 - 80 of 308 Posts

·
Registered
3,750 Posts
Living through you all today, drove home to take the grandkids trick or treating. I am feeling guilty for not being in a tree

·
Premium Member
30,795 Posts
First cruiser of the morning just went by. Young 8 pt
69771C76-6FE6-4682-A391-E4566BEECB21.jpeg

·
Registered
1,582 Posts
20° in Huron County this morning. Woods are frozen very crunchy walk on the way in. Good luck all! And I don’t like full Moons

Sent from my iPhone using Michigan Sportsman mobile app

·
Registered
1,522 Posts
Just sat down on my lease. I can see the base of a giant windmill out in the cut beans 150 yds out. What an unnatural looking man made object in the middle of farmland. It’s throwing a wrench in my optimism.
Good luck everyone.

Sent from my iPhone using Michigan Sportsman
Yeah they are a nuisance and eye sore, my in-laws have them all over by them in the thumb, they didn't want any on their property but everyone else did because it pays well but is ugly to look at and you can hear them when your outside

·
Registered
385 Posts
Just sat down on my lease. I can see the base of a giant windmill out in the cut beans 150 yds out. What an unnatural looking man made object in the middle of farmland. It’s throwing a wrench in my optimism.
Good luck everyone.

Sent from my iPhone using Michigan Sportsman
I don't care how much they'd pay me, I would never put a windmill on my property. They are god awful to look at and ruin the look and feel of farm land , in my opinion.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Waited until legal shooting tine to walk in never hunted this stand in the morning so didn’t want to jump anything but still managed to with little to no wind and crunchy leaves couldn’t tell what it was but big bodied and looked like it was running off the many scrapes by me so we’ll see what this morning brings and question for y’all have you ever had trouble with wild game cams not taking pics I have pics of me putting it up and me grabbing my card but I watched 5 deer walk within 10 yards and not a single pic ready to throw it away

·
Registered
205 Posts
Cold, frosty, calm mornings... most anticipated and overrated. Deer will sit tight until mid to late morning. Then should be good.
I agree. When it’s this quiet, almost nothing moves, except the flock of geese that came off the neighbors pond, luck for them I didn’t have my shotgun! 25 degrees and frost covered in Tuscola. Saw 10 last night, one spike but he didn’t even try to chase. Not sure where the rutting bucks are..

·
Registered
1,198 Posts
Cold, frosty, calm mornings... most anticipated and overrated. Deer will sit tight until mid to late morning. Then should be good.
Exactly why I'm heading out in about a half hour. I'll be in for a late morning until 2 or 3pm sit. Then off to trick or treat. Good luck everyone

61 - 80 of 308 Posts