Michigan Sportsman Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
Wonder if all the fish will belly up in the bay like last year??????????
They didn't learn last year and will kill many more fish again!!!! It's just to far to travel all the way back to cabela's purely for the TV cameras!!!!

·
Registered
1,096 Posts
This year they must all have a secondary system call a oxygenator for thiss tourney.They should just make it a kill tournament like the Ohio tournys are.They just try to save as many fish as they can for release.Sometimes it works sometimes it doesn`t.

Most of these guys have the best equipment to try to keep the fish alive.It is up to the DNR to make it a kill tournament.
Capt`n Dwayne

·
Registered
2,091 Posts
I understand that the guys do there best to keep these fish alive, but when they are all loaded into a truck and bounced 30 miles back to be released in retarded. Where are these peoples heads?

·
Registered
3,781 Posts
There will still be alot of fish that will die off . Maybe not as many as last time but its not to smart to make them travel all that way bouncing around like that and expect them to live. They should make it a kill tournament and donate the fish to the food banks. Just my opinion.

·
Registered
2,091 Posts
There will still be alot of fish that will die off . Maybe not as many as last time but its not to smart to make them travel all that way bouncing around like that and expect them to live. They should make it a kill tournament and donate the fish to the food banks. Just my opinion.
I agree 100%

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The long term weather forecast is more Octoberish this time around. I was out with alot of the guys during day one last year and it was 90 degrees with a water temp of aboout 70! I then went up north for the weekend to bow hunt and never even made it into the tree. It was 90 plus degrees all weekend. This week the weather looks to be getting cooler by Wednesday. I am not sure of the lake temps as I have not been on Erie since July.:( Anyway the kill rate should be considerably less than last year. An yes I like the idea of a kill tournament to put the fish to good use.

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
69 degrees, heck thats swimming water. with only two days until October. I can appreciate trying to have a catch and release tournament. The anglers work very hard to take care of the fish. The forecasted cooler temps should help alot.

·
Registered
4,046 Posts
They should make it a kill tournament and donate the fish to the food banks. Just my opinion.
Thank You.......Lets see, Give the best eating fish in the Great Lakes to the Poor, or Release them.....Tough Question....:dizzy::dizzy:

Mushy

·
Registered
4,464 Posts
1 - 13 of 13 Posts