Michigan-Sportsman.com banner

1 - 20 of 274 Posts

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
Yeah, mind as well call this the hurry up and blow out bolles thread. I quit fishing there due to these threads.

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I've made this thread for the past few years. Bolles will fill up with people regardless. It's been a hot spot since I started fishing years ago. I think without michigan sportsman Bolles would still see a load of fisherman. I agree with the slobs part though. ..wish people would pick up after themselves. I usually leave there with a bucket of fish and a sled of garbage from picking up on my way out.

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Fish seemed to leave last year when the water got really dirty. ..I do remember that. I never got into the crappies there. Might pursue that a little harder this year.

·
Registered
4,878 Posts
Fish seemed to leave last year when the water got really dirty. ..I do remember that. I never got into the crappies there. Might pursue that a little harder this year.
I caught 5 crappie that day.it was like 50 mph winds and 20 below...dnr even asked if I was really going out..only time I ever caught crappie there..I was really close to the boat ramp..

·
Registered
166 Posts
Let's make a pledge of accountability for Bolles then. If you see people trash the place and leave garbage, tell them to pick it up. If they don't comply, then rally the troops. I'm sick of slobs too. Leaving cig butts, beer cans, 1lbs tanks, ect. I've said it before, if you leave your garbage on the ice and I see you do it, expect to hear from me, because I am sick and tired of picking up after people who claim to be outdoorsmen.

Sent from my iPhone using Ohub Campfire

·
Registered
3,781 Posts
Let's make a pledge of accountability for Bolles then. If you see people trash the place and leave garbage, tell them to pick it up. If they don't comply, then rally the troops. I'm sick of slobs too. Leaving cig butts, beer cans, 1lbs tanks, ect. I've said it before, if you leave your garbage on the ice and I see you do it, expect to hear from me, because I am sick and tired of picking up after people who claim to be outdoorsmen.

Sent from my iPhone using Ohub Campfire
Sooooo much fishing access ruined because of this. Imagine you saying something to someone when you see them litter then they tell you to f off. You walk away back to a group of MS and have a pow wow then come back with 6-10 guys and explain your concern with the littering. I really think that will work. Not saying beat the guy up just educate if possible.

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I've never had an issue when I tell someone they are "leaving something behind. They always go oh yeah..and pick it up

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
If you make it sound like they are forgetting something rather than yelling at them for leaving it....the results are better.

·
Registered
2,275 Posts
Sooooo much fishing access ruined because of this. Imagine you saying something to someone when you see them litter then they tell you to f off. You walk away back to a group of MS and have a pow wow then come back with 6-10 guys and explain your concern with the littering. I really think that will work. Not saying beat the guy up just educate if possible.
I got your back when that happens. Grosse Ile access ruined for the most part due to issues with littering, drunks, etc.

1 - 20 of 274 Posts