Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went to Bolles for the afternoon bite. There wasn't any. 2 perch , 1 gill. A lot of minnows swimming in the harbor. Veryfew fish being caught.

·
Registered
455 Posts
I was there this morning and into the early afternoon. Saw hundreds of perch, crappie, and blue gill on my camera. Tried wigglers, minnows, red spikes, and wax worms. Caught a total of 7 fish and all but 2 were to small to keep. Caught everything on the wigglers with a small plain hook. Jigging would attract 4 or 5 fish at a time, they would cruise in and surround the bait, maybe bump it once and then stare at it for a while. Had the same exact thing happen at Lake Erie Metro Park on Saturday morning.

FYI- Saw many hog perch on the camera, especially at Erie. sooner or later they have to start biting.

·
Registered
672 Posts
My son fished down there today too,he ended up with 12 total fish 10 perch 2big gills,1 12inch perch and the rest were pretty good size,caught them on waxies,I caught some nice ones yesterday,some real hogs,seen alot on the camera too, seems like the bite is getting better down there,Idid really good on spikes though,seems they were really aggresive on sunday:fish:

Attachments

·
Registered
9 Posts
I never fished down there at Bolles Harbor where is a good place to park and get on the ice at. Any advice in finding a good spot would be helpfull. I have been fishing some of the canals at Grosse Ille and I have had no luck just a bunch of feeder fish.

·
Registered
7,998 Posts
I never fished down there at Bolles Harbor where is a good place to park and get on the ice at. Any advice in finding a good spot would be helpfull. I have been fishing some of the canals at Grosse Ille and I have had no luck just a bunch of feeder fish.
You park in the same parking lot that the boat launch is in. You access the ice via the boat launch and head to the right.....you will see the other fishermen.

I-75 and Exit 11......LaPlaisance Road.

:fish:

·
Registered
399 Posts
What kind of ice thicknesses were you seeing down there? Just wondering, as I have never fished there in the winter.....never brave enough I guess? :sad:

·
Registered
455 Posts
I actually do not fish in the lake. I just fish off of the launch area which is sheltered from the lake. It a very large area though and can be fished by a large number of people at the same time. Several boat clubs across the canal from the launch area. You can walk several hundred yards to the west off of the launch.

Almost forgot the original question, ice is about 10" thick, water about 7 to 8' where I was fishing.

·
Registered
399 Posts
Now I gotcha....been there a number of times in the boat, but never investigated towrds all of the boat slips. Fish will actually congregate up in there eh? Cool.....guess i would feel safe up in there.

·
Registered
672 Posts
In the past three times i have been down there the bite has been there,gotta work a little bit but it's worth it,we have caught some hogs down in bolles harbor,i just drink some cold ones,and i forget all about those loud bubblers.

·
Registered
672 Posts
no dude,we didn't make no snow and beer pyramid,i fish with my son,and he is 15, i don't leave trash on the ice,and i rarely drink,it was a joke,it was probly from guys thst were there when i left,was it budweiser.:confused:

·
Registered
672 Posts
Nice mess of perch right there,alot of perch that i see on my camera have been lockjawed, but i have gotten some nice one's down there lately,just had to work at it.

·
Registered
245 Posts
just got home from fishing. sat out there for 2 hours. caught 3 perch, 3 bluegills, and 2 shiners. one perch was 8 inches. the other two went back into the water. saw lots of fish on the camera. just couldnt get them to bite. tried waxies, spikes, and minnows. spikes worked the best for me. not a bad way to spend a couple hours before a boring day at work....
Posted via Mobile Device

1 - 20 of 32 Posts