Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
903 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Fished bolles this am. Kept 18 and threw another 10 or so short ones back. Fished 25 to 26 fow pulling 1oz inlines and spinners. Caught fish every where from 20 to 80 back. Speed was 1.4 to 1.7 Greens and oranges were good today. Weatherman was a little off on his 12mph wnw wind forecast this morning but it laid down nicely. Good day to be on the water.

·
Registered
437 Posts
Yeh I think there were 3 footers to start. We ended up with a 4 man limit using spinners most on bottom bouncers. Color didn't matter. Fish are everywhere at one point we made a 2.8 mile pass.

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
Fished bolles this am. Kept 18 and threw another 10 or so short ones back. Fished 25 to 26 fow pulling 1oz inlines and spinners. Caught fish every where from 20 to 80 back. Speed was 1.4 to 1.7 Greens and oranges were good today. Weatherman was a little off on his 12mph wnw wind forecast this morning but it laid down nicely. Good day to be on the water.

took your advice and picked up some worms, ended up with 15 walters, most came off bottom bouncers and the longer leads 60 - 80 back. Nephews that had never fished before were eagrer to help/learn how to set rods and we had some MAJOR tangles at first, but they picked up on it quick and things went smoother the second half of the trip. Need to figure out how to[ keeps things a little cleaner, worms and worm bedding were every where last nite......
ATTACH]79892[/ATTACH]

Attachments

·
Registered
3,166 Posts
Can't believe you fished worms ripper...

·
Registered
4,623 Posts
Take the worms out of the bedding and put them in a cooler with a little water and an ice pack.
We do the same. I take a bigger thing of worms with us, but start the morning with about 2-3 dozen in a small flip-top cooler, already washed and ready to go. I freeze a few small gatorade bottles full of water the night before and just keep one in that cooler with the worms to keep them cold. When that one thaws, I toss in another one.

Your hands and boat stay clean all day. BTW, we have found that using 1/2 a crawler on the harnesses is just as effective, if not more so, than a whole one. You use 1/2 as many worms and lose less of them to junk fish.

They will live all day in the water as long as you keep them cold. We only take out what we think we will use and then take out more as needed.

·
Registered
3,166 Posts
How long do they live for in a bucket of water?
Asmall cooler or small bucket that fits in yer fish cooler pluck the worms out of bedding drop in cooler or bucket with some water and ice last longtime keep out of sun is key...

·
Registered
3,166 Posts
Yeah slim works well and other key is if you use half worms not a whole one dont throw them back in the container with the whole worms

·
Registered
4,623 Posts
Good point. We were just throwing them back in with the whole worms, but at the end of the day, we have to pick those out or just toss what-ever we have left over in the small cooler, vs putting them back into the larger batch. It would be nice to have a small divided cooler for this reason. I may have to jerry-rig something into my worm cooler for this reason.

·
Registered
3,166 Posts
Good point. We were just throwing them back in with the whole worms, but at the end of the day, we have to pick those out or just toss what-ever we have left over in the small cooler, vs putting them back into the larger batch. It would be nice to have a small divided cooler for this reason. I may have to jerry-rig something into my worm cooler for this reason.
I only take out a few doz at a time @the end of the day the cut worms go in an other container.....and the whole worms back in there original container....

1 - 18 of 18 Posts