Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5,111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Bob and I worked for some of the same companies and belonged to the same union. He moved from the Au Gres area a year or so ago. Bob was a late WW2 vet joining the Navy in 1945 right out of HS. He had a lot of difficulties late in his life but always had a positive attitude. Although he had to have a leg amputated he still did his share on Priority1. Lately Bob was a GL Loons fan and had season tickets. I'll miss ya Bob. Tight lines forever.

·
Premium Member
11,242 Posts
Bob and I worked for some of the same companies and belonged to the same union. He moved from the Au Gres area a year or so ago. Bob was a late WW2 vet joining the Navy in 1945 right out of HS. He had a lot of difficulties late in his life but always had a positive attitude. Although he had to have a leg amputated he still did his share on Priority1. Lately Bob was a GL Loons fan and had season tickets. I'll miss ya Bob. Tight lines forever.
I am also sorry to hear about the loss of your friend Frank. Our greatest generation is passing on at a rapid rate. Hopefully future generations will be able to learn about what they did for our fabulous country. RIP Bob.

Deer Slayer

·
Premium Member
1,472 Posts
Very sorry about your loss Frank. I lost a good friend and fishing partner this spring as well. Those WW2 vets are a special breed of men and there are few left these days. My father was a WW2 Navy vet and I lost him 2 years ago. My condolences go out to you and his family. RIP my fellow fishermen.

·
Premium Member
29,953 Posts
Prayers sent Frank, sorry to hear of the loss. My sons went to the loons game tonight and they won, Bob must have been with them:)

·
Registered
5,111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for the prayers and good wishes.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts