Michigan Sportsman Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
13,361 Posts
Welcome to the site!

I have no first hand knowledge of either of these two businesses. Please call first. What part of the lake are looking for?

Bridge Boat Rental Bait & Tackle
47075 Jefferson Avenue, Chesterfield, MI 48047
(586) 949-6645

Roy's Boat Harbor
32715 South River Road, Harrison Township, MI 48045
(586) 463-1479

Maybe you would prefer,
http://www.sailorpower.com/

·
Registered
2,432 Posts
Don't waste your money renting a boat. They have range limits that are usually around 2 miles. And those places locations are nowhere near where the Walleyes are. I used to rent boats from Jimmy's (RIP) and Roy's boat harbor when I was a young teenager. Don't bother. They charge you about 55-60 bucks plus gas that you use. And you'll do nothing except stay within the range limits and catch small Perch and Rock Bass. If your gonna fish LSC, make it worth it. Go for the gusto. Either butter up (Beer, bait, gas, yada yada) a member to take you out on an empty seat, or spend the extra fews bucks and do a Charter. If you do a Charter, I would recommend Walleye Mike. I'm not sure of his rates, so contact him and see what you think. Do it right where you have a chance of actually catching a nice mess of fish, instead of renting a pop can with a 6 horse on it and you won't catch diddly.

·
Registered
4,180 Posts
I would also say Walleye Mike,tons of experience.He will put you on the fish,no matter what your after.River or lake,pick your poison.Plus he has two boats now..:evil:

·
Registered
353 Posts
I agree with what everyone has said. I have rented from Roys several times and his equipment is generally good. When you rent a boat you can almost bet that the motor would work better as the anchor and the boat leaks so much that your feet are wet the entire trip. Roy has old but good boats and his motors work very well. Unfortuantely, his distance limitations make it extremely tough to find any decent fishing. The is a bay - I think it is called Campau Bay- near his store which is so loaded with weeks its almost impossible to fish. Save yourself some aggravation and take a good charter.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for all of the quality input guys! We are going to try to book a trip with Mike. It's an annual trip for a bunch of school teachers from SW Michigan. We try to fish new waters every year. Thanks again.

Dr.D

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.