Michigan Sportsman Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

· Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can I get clarification on whether or not I can renew my boat registration and get new sticker from the SOS without having to stand in line? Some offices offer a kiosk at the front that allows u to make transactions without having to stand in line and was wondering if anyone knows if boat registrations can be done from there.

Thanks

· Premium Member
16,171 Posts
Can I get clarification on whether or not I can renew my boat registration and get new sticker from the SOS without having to stand in line? Some offices offer a kiosk at the front that allows u to make transactions without having to stand in line and was wondering if anyone knows if boat registrations can be done from there.

Thanks
Font Screenshot Parallel Number Portable communications device

There’s your answer

Reactions: Timberdoodle2

· Registered
1,128 Posts
There really is no line. You have to make an appointment to go inside. I have been there twice this year, once in January to transfer a snowmobile into my name ,and the second time to transfer my deceased grandson's Jeep into my name. Both times I was there less than 30 minutes.
At 12:00pm every day they post available times for the next days appointments. The appointments start after 3pm. It is actually better than the old way before covid, at least I think it is.

Good luck
Reddog

Reactions: sweet lou

· Premium Member
849 Posts
There really is no line. You have to make an appointment to go inside. I have been there twice this year, once in January to transfer a snowmobile into my name ,and the second time to transfer my deceased grandson's Jeep into my name. Both times I was there less than 30 minutes.
At 12:00pm every day they post available times for the next days appointments. The appointments start after 3pm. It is actually better than the old way before covid, at least I think it is.

Good luck
Reddog
Wow, you must live in a county with a low population. When I brought the new boat home in January I immediately jumped on MI SOS and booked an appointment (new title, reg, etc.). The earliest appointment I could get for Livingston Cty was Mar. 29th. I just checked again and if you wanted an appointment today you can wait until mid - May. Same with Oakland Cty. I don't know where you would find an appointment for "the next day". U.P. maybe?

· Registered
449 Posts
Wow, you must live in a county with a low population. When I brought the new boat home in January I immediately jumped on MI SOS and booked an appointment (new title, reg, etc.). The earliest appointment I could get for Livingston Cty was Mar. 29th. I just checked again and if you wanted an appointment today you can wait until mid - May. Same with Oakland Cty. I don't know where you would find an appointment for "the next day". U.P. maybe?
Like stated they make next day appointments available at noon the day before. Have to be very mindful of that and be prompt for most locations to get a time slot, but it is doable.

· Registered
2,520 Posts
I had to make an appointment because I could not renew enhanced drivers license by mail. I went online and it said to check back at 8 am and noon to see if there were any cacellations. I checked the next morning and it said there was an opening for the next day, had to fill out some info and answer 3 questions, by the time I did that the opening was gone. Just by chance I checked the site again about 10:30 and it said there was an opening for the next day. Since I knew what had to be answered I was ready, and I got an appt for the next day. Renewed drivers license , plates for car and truck, boat registration, Left my place and was in and out and home in less than an hour.

· Registered
1,128 Posts
Font Screenshot Magenta Number Document

There it is, it's even in red

Reactions: ETW

· Premium Member
849 Posts
I had to make an appointment because I could not renew enhanced drivers license by mail. I went online and it said to check back at 8 am and noon to see if there were any cacellations. I checked the next morning and it said there was an opening for the next day, had to fill out some info and answer 3 questions, by the time I did that the opening was gone. Just by chance I checked the site again about 10:30 and it said there was an opening for the next day. Since I knew what had to be answered I was ready, and I got an appt for the next day. Renewed drivers license , plates for car and truck, boat registration, Left my place and was in and out and home in less than an hour.
View attachment 756783
There it is, it's even in red
Thanks. I'll give it a try.

· Registered
1,128 Posts
Keep in mind thier system will be down starting tomorrow 3-11 until Tuesday 3-16 for a system upgrade it gives more information on the website.

· Registered
1,128 Posts
On a side note, I renewed the stickers on my Boston Whaler through ( expresssos.gov ) on March 2nd and received the new ones today in the mail. 9 days isn't all that bad.

· Premium Member
2,234 Posts
On a side note, I renewed the stickers on my Boston Whaler through ( expresssos.gov ) on March 2nd and received the new ones today in the mail. 9 days isn't all that bad.
I had the same experience I ordered it online 3/2, it came in today's mail 3/11. I was not expecting it to come that quick. My truck tabs took about the same amount of time last month.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.