Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Next question on my Dick boat journey. Flat bottom or mod v? As of right now I'm looking at a 1542 topper with a 23 horse back water. Anybody running anything similar? Thanks.

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
Next question on my Dick boat journey. Flat bottom or mod v? As of right now I'm looking at a 1542 topper with a 23 horse back water. Anybody running anything similar? Thanks.
"Dick boat"? That's a new one.:Dlol:D... I'm running a 1542 war eagle with a 24HP Mud motor, you cant have to much horsepower IMO but it still gets the job done very well. I was running a 14/36 flat bottom before switching to the mod-v and it really seemed to hammer the water.

·
Registered
572 Posts
I also have the 1542 War Eagle. I have the 23 horse Backwater also. With my fat butt, and my 2 teenagers, dog, and gear we move along at 15 mph on the gps. Empty out the gear, and it goes up to 19/20. Where we use the boat, it's more than enough speed. If you're using it for fishing throw a 25 hp outboard on.

·
Registered
4,208 Posts
After reading what the OP wrote I couldn't help but share a screen shot from last year. Damn autocorrect!
ImageUploadedByOhub Campfire1445878796.783414.jpg

1 - 14 of 14 Posts