Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
339 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have to vent and say that I was really disappointed the other day. I launched at the Michigan Center launch off Edgewater. The place was a real mess. People had left cans, worm containers, plastic bags etc all over. Someone had spilled a box of crawlers and dirt on the dock and just left everything there. The outhouse was full of cans, bottles and trash.

I dont understand why some folks just dont take the time to help keep our public sites clean.

·
Registered
4,162 Posts
Pretty restrained vent imo. Went with my kids on the Kalamazoo the other day and took a whole kitchen size garbage bag of bottles, bait containers, food + wrappers, line, Barbie rod packaging and things we couldn’t quite identify. Made it to Allegan before we stopped at a gas station and got rid of the stink.

·
Registered
643 Posts
Pretty restrained vent imo. Went with my kids on the Kalamazoo the other day and took a whole kitchen size garbage bag of bottles, bait containers, food + wrappers, line, Barbie rod packaging and things we couldn’t quite identify. Made it to Allegan before we stopped at a gas station and got rid of the stink.
Thank you .

·
Registered
1,278 Posts
On this note: no one is going to take care of our places. We have to step up and do it ourselves. Everyone just start carrying trash bags when you go to your outdoor spots. We love them more than others. Its on us to take care of them. Do not rely on city and state government.

·
Registered
167 Posts
I like to keep a shopping bag on the boat for trash. It's amazing how much trash 4 guys on a boat can generate on a trip. I know there are people that don't do this, I've caught your trash on multiple occasions

·
Premium Member
888 Posts
I have come to believe that people who through trash out whether it be a boat launch, parking lot or along the road simply don't own trash cans. They have no use for them.

·
Registered
4,257 Posts
Personally I have better things to do than worry about other people and their trash management The 10 ramps that I use on a on daily basis, every day a different ramp are in great shape grounds are mowed and outhouses clean and well stocked. The thought is I can say is the Lakes in St. Joseph county are not over fished or over used.

Hal

1 - 10 of 10 Posts