Michigan-Sportsman.com banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
711 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am thinking of dropping the boat in the river tomorrow. This snow storm may make it a little tricky to get in there though.

Do any of you kind people want to have that ramp shoveled and salted down for me by the morning? :D:D

·
Banned
10,217 Posts
No problem Karl, how ya been?

Let me know what time yer going and I'll try to have it done for ya!

Hasn't been too bad as of late, but a 4x4 is a must. todays 10 inches might be a bit tough.Let us know how ya do.;)

·
Registered
17,418 Posts
4" in Hamilton as of 7am. Not too drifted. Sure both of those have changed since.

·
Registered
711 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hey Spanky, thanks. I appreciate it! I knew I could count on the kindness of my fellow MS'ers... :lol:

My blaizer has AWD, I hope it is enough! As long as I bring my shovel and a few bags of salt I should be OK. I have a buddy that lives a few mins away from the dam so I'll have him run down and scout it out tonight too. As you can guess I'd like to avoid dragging the boat if it is not gonna work, but this is my last chance to fill my public land doe tag! (And maybe catch some steelies at the same time...) I'll definitely post a report if I make it out.

No problem Karl, how ya been?

Let me know what time yer going and I'll try to have it done for ya!

Hasn't been too bad as of late, but a 4x4 is a must. todays 10 inches might be a bit tough.Let us know how ya do.;)

·
Registered
711 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Whew! That was a lot of work, I am still catching my breath. The fishing, hunting, rowing, cold, and driving home in the dark with no lights on my trailer (busted ground wire) was tough, but the worst part was the plow guys that left me a huge pile of snow in front of my garage while I was out on the river... It took me about a half hour to get my boat in. :mad:

There was another boat in the water already when we got there. They didn't even clear off any snow at all, just went right on in. So I shoveled the bottom few feet and spread a little salt just to make sure and we were fine.

Unfortunately we didn't see any deer and didn't catch any fish. Floated all the way down to M89 and trolled back. And I even hunted one of our nice private land spots this evening and didn't see anything. What a LONG day...

Mitch, if you are braving that weather tomorrow, more power to ya ! :) Good luck.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts