Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
918 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
is your price serious? boat and trailer...no motor for $2500. I can buy this boat/trailer brand new for $1500.
No you cant. You clearly haven't even looked without running your mouth. Fantastic. Boat trailer blind led headlight. To buy it all new without a motor is more like 2800.

·
Registered
4,205 Posts
I just put an LED light bar like that on my boat. The light bar cost me $40 on Amazon brand new.

·
Registered
918 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
NASHVILLE, TN$749

Contact Seller2014 ShoreLand'r SLB 10 TL Utility trailer designed for utility boats up to 16', and weight capacity of up to 1200 lbs.Serial number 1MDTGAP17EA512498

Details

Category:TrailersYear:2014Part Make:ShoreLand'rPart Model:SLB 10 TLLocation:Nashvil

Steel for frame 125 @ contractors steel in canton mi.

Or pick your blind of choice...new you won't spend less than $500... build your own with fastgrass and tube steel, some rod holder clamps, burlap, and hardware. Your still around 350. Led strip light $60. Now put it all together and your over 2500 assuming you already have the welder or have free access. So time for assembly and few cans of paint. Your now approaching the 3000 if you have to hire out the blind assembly.

So now you have spent 2500 plus on a brand new rig and your time to build it. Or you could offer someone 2100 and get one that you mount a motor on and go hunt... how much is your time worth if you hunt everything in the state there is to hunt plus have a family and a full time job with 1 to 2 days off.... you don't have to like my reasoning or price but don't act like I'm asking someone to cash out their retirement. If you don't like it move on.

·
Registered
11,666 Posts
NASHVILLE, TN$749

Contact Seller2014 ShoreLand'r SLB 10 TL Utility trailer designed for utility boats up to 16', and weight capacity of up to 1200 lbs.Serial number 1MDTGAP17EA512498

Details

Category:TrailersYear:2014Part Make:ShoreLand'rPart Model:SLB 10 TLLocation:Nashvil

Steel for frame 125 @ contractors steel in canton mi.

Or pick your blind of choice...new you won't spend less than $500... build your own with fastgrass and tube steel, some rod holder clamps, burlap, and hardware. Your still around 350. Led strip light $60. Now put it all together and your over 2500 assuming you already have the welder or have free access. So time for assembly and few cans of paint. Your now approaching the 3000 if you have to hire out the blind assembly.

So now you have spent 2500 plus on a brand new rig and your time to build it. Or you could offer someone 2100 and get one that you mount a motor on and go hunt... how much is your time worth if you hunt everything in the state there is to hunt plus have a family and a full time job with 1 to 2 days off.... you don't have to like my reasoning or price but don't act like I'm asking someone to cash out their retirement. If you don't like it move on.
so you buy everything at full price, use it, then re-sell at more than full price. and justify it by saying labor to install the stuff.

·
Registered
918 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
So I picked an asking price and you have an issue with it.... anyone can offer anything, hence the term Or Best Offer. I just simply picked a starting point. Yes it is the cost of all the materials minus the labor. Like I said you don't have to like it. But you should be fair and not downplay someone because you don't like it.

·
Registered
11,666 Posts
1st problem, you didn't use the m-s classifieds...you came in here and dropped a craigslist ad.

2nd, your valuing a $500-800 used boat at $1500. a $40.00 lightbar at evidently $300

3rd, you assumed i have no idea on boat values (duck boat values to be specific)...maybe you should think a little more on that one or even search my posting history.

4th this post actually violates the terms in the forums if you want to read the sticky at the top.

5th your trying to take advantage of fellow M-S member. By me posting questions about your price educates fellow members on here. I merely posted to make other fellow members on here aware. they don't have to listen to my post....but i think its ****** to overprice, come to this site which congregates the waterfowlers in michigan, and try to take advantage of their audience to gain a higher value of your item.....FOR FREE.

6th i asked a valid pertinent question in my first post. you were an ****** on the reply.

·
Registered
421 Posts
1st problem, you didn't use the m-s classifieds...you came in here and dropped a craigslist ad.

2nd, your valuing a $500-800 used boat at $1500. a $40.00 lightbar at evidently $300

3rd, you assumed i have no idea on boat values (duck boat values to be specific)...maybe you should think a little more on that one or even search my posting history.

4th this post actually violates the terms in the forums if you want to read the sticky at the top.

5th your trying to take advantage of fellow M-S member. By me posting questions about your price educates fellow members on here. I merely posted to make other fellow members on here aware. they don't have to listen to my post....but i think its ****** to overprice, come to this site which congregates the waterfowlers in michigan, and try to take advantage of their audience to gain a higher value of your item.....FOR FREE.

6th i asked a valid pertinent question in my first post. you were an ****** on the reply.
Not trying to get involved in this pissing match, but guys drop craigslist adds on here all the time. Not too long ago a well respected member of these forums did it with his shia rig actually. I understand there are rules to follow, but this isn't a huge sin. And if the guy wants to ask $10,000 for this boat so be it, you don't have to buy it at that price. SK, you know more about this stuff than I do, and I respect your opinion on the matter, but the guy is just trying to sell his rig. Guys overvalue their hunting stuff all the time, he did say make an offer. Carry on

·
Registered
11,666 Posts
Not trying to get involved in this pissing match, but guys drop craigslist adds on here all the time. Not too long ago a well respected member of these forums did it with his shia rig actually. I understand there are rules to follow, but this isn't a huge sin. And if the guy wants to ask $10,000 for this boat so be it, you don't have to buy it at that price. SK, you know more about this stuff than I do, and I respect your opinion on the matter, but the guy is just trying to sell his rig. Guys overvalue their hunting stuff all the time, he did say make an offer. Carry on
that members price was good, lol. :) bringing deal to m-s for a member to benefit from....pretty awesome even if it breaks the rules IMO. trying to bend someone over....not so much.

·
Registered
3,930 Posts
I figured he fat fingered the 2 instead of 1 and just moved on. Like I said yesterday in another thread, there is a reason that duck boats do not hold top re-sale value....just look at Warrenwaterfowlers submission in the other thread...:)

If wants to pay $2500 for a used 16' duck boat with no motor, more power to them. I made the same mistake a few years back and ended up selling my 15' Meyer v-hull with trailer, blind, and 20hp Merc for $1100. Potential buyers do not care about how much blood, sweat, or tears you have into a rig. Hell, they don't even care about how many upgrades you have made...what do they care about? Does it leak...what is the capacity...and what is your bottom dollar.

Good luck with your sale man!

·
Registered
918 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Gotta love Internet tough guys and know it all's. And sorry for not listing in the classifieds. I'm not trying to take advantage of anyone. The entire package is ready to put a motor on and go. It's not a boat sitting on the ground. It's not a trailer that has been buried in the weeds for years. I know it's not a $300 light. And once again the boat is 1 model year old. Hardly lost half or more of the value. It's never been to shiawassee and it's been over the rollers at mouilee half a dozen times. And hunted out of maybe 20 times. So since you know so much you would know that. But you don't you just assumed that I am out to rob people. I have bought and sold a lot of used stuff and am pretty well rounded on values of used equipment

·
Super Moderator
37,763 Posts
Dang. If this was in the classifieds I would feel obligated to delete every post but the first. But since it is in a forum open to debate, and known for getting pretty lively I feel obligated to go fishing.
Have a great weekend Gents.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts