Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys this sat was my first time out with my dog and also my new boating blind hunting out of it. The dog did well but I have a issue on where to put her and what to use. The problem was I had her on the seat next to me and she's not tall enough to see over the blind to see birds fall I wanted to no how to fix this, should I make a plate form and keep her on the bench seat or set up her dog stand witch is tall but will take up a lot of room in the boat or keep her on the outside of the boat? But if I do keep her in the boat we have another issue getting out after shooting, this time out I was just liftin the blind and letting her hop in and out but was becoming a PITA have ing to fix it and brushing it back in? My boat is a 1860grizzly with a avery quick set blind on it. Any advice or thought on this are welcome thanks

Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire

·
Registered
2,647 Posts
Hey guys this sat was my first time out with my dog and also my new boating blind hunting out of it. The dog did well but I have a issue on where to put her and what to use. The problem was I had her on the seat next to me and she's not tall enough to see over the blind to see birds fall I wanted to no how to fix this, should I make a plate form and keep her on the bench seat or set up her dog stand witch is tall but will take up a lot of room in the boat or keep her on the outside of the boat? But if I do keep her in the boat we have another issue getting out after shooting, this time out I was just liftin the blind and letting her hop in and out but was becoming a PITA have ing to fix it and brushing it back in? My boat is a 1860grizzly with a avery quick set blind on it. Any advice or thought on this are welcome thanks

I assume the blind covers the bow? If so, Cut a hole in the blind for the dog to see out. I set my dog bind on the bow of the boat and kennel the dog.

·
Registered
2,534 Posts
I just take one of the bungees and bungee the blind open on the bow so the dog can look out of it. I also have a Avery.

·
Registered
186 Posts
I built a little platform on mine and put a piece of neo mat on it. I was lifting up the side of the blind for the dog but she gets so fired up now she marks the bird and heads out the bow of the boat

1 - 9 of 9 Posts